La Scala at Crutchfield in Harrisonburg Va

rebuy

For those passing through Harrisonburg VA, The Crutchfield Store is a block from I-81 on Rt 33.

I was there Friday and they have a beautiful pair of cherry ?,  LSII in a small demo room. 

This is for anyone wanting to demo a pair, now you know where one is at.

The Crutchfield Staff was very nice and they had a nice display of equipment.

A real B&M store. I went there for some connectors and they fixed me right up.

Ha, this was the first pair of La Scala IIs I have seen in real-life (in that room a few months back). They are gorgeous. I love Crutchfield and the Harrisonburg store in particular is incredibly helpful. Spent many paychecks there. 

I will say, that room is about the size of a laundry room, and I can’t imagine they are doing those La Scalas any justice in there. I did ask to hear them, but at the time I was there the sales associate could not get the streamer to work and he was unable to get them to produce any sound. 

I ended up getting my La Scala IIs here in Roanoke, because I was able to basically buy them and have them delivered in-home and set up locally on the same afternoon... It would have been quite a wait to have them bought and shipped from Crutchfield, and being shipped by UPS Freight, they would have been dumped in my driveway (like the SB-16 Ultra I just bought from C-field Harrisonburg, ugh what a beast).

I have been told from several Klipsch Heritage dealers that they are now required by Klipsch to have a pair of at least one of the larger Heritage models (LS IIs, Cornwall IIIs, etc) on display. Crutchfield in Charlottesville has the Cornwall IIIs on display I believe. Good idea from Klipsch, I think, as it was actually being able to hear the LS IIs that led me to buying them. 

• Like 3

On 8/5/2018 at 6:11 AM, JFHSQT said:

I have been told from several Klipsch Heritage dealers that they are now required by Klipsch to have a pair of at least one of the larger Heritage models (LS IIs, Cornwall IIIs, etc) on display. Crutchfield in Charlottesville has the Cornwall IIIs on display I believe. Good idea from Klipsch, I think, as it was actually being able to hear the LS IIs that led me to buying them. 

I'd agree with that.  You constantly hear people wondering what a Cornwall III, Forte III, LaScala ii, etc. sound like, but there's nowhere to listen to them.  A lot of people aren't going to fork out thousands on something they can't demo in person.

• Like 1

I'll agree with that.  The face that they are massive speakers and take up valuable floor space is more than likely the issue especially at their price point.  Those that know heritage series love it and stick with it.  Problem is getting to know the line in the first place (usually through someone else in my experience) as you mentioned.