Wireless > Bluetooth

danjah

Hey folks,

I've been searching round a bit now for how to figure this problem out, I was wondering if you all could help?

I have a semi-old computer which runs fine, but it doesn't have Bluetooth. I have a smartphone, with the Klipsch app, and between my Three and my phone - I have never listened to personal music in such high fidelity as with this gorgeous speaker.

The problem is, my PC doesn't have Bluetooth and I want to connect my PC to my speaker wirelessly. My PC, the speaker and my smart phone all share the same 100Mbps home wireless network, which has a password.

A working solution I have: Connect a Bluetooth adapter to my PC, connect my PC to my Three via Bluetooth. My research shows that my PC is running Bluetooth version 4.1, translating to LMP 7.8718, which was created in 2013 and so adopted by manufacturers possibly 1 year later, so is not too antiquated. This solution is mostly viable in that it works, but it is flawed. I also have a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard and occasional other Bluetooth devices connecting to my PC. I have not network monitored the Bluetooth activity (not sure if that can be done?) but it looks like Bluetooth is a connection bottleneck - I get stuttering on the speaker. The stutters do not happen all of the time, but you other music lovers will get it when I say "it always happens at just the wrong moments"!!

The furthest I've got with the wireless solution is that I have all three device connected the the wireless network. I can play from my smart phone to the Three wirelessly via the Klipsch app. But I can't find how to set my PC speakers to output to the Three.

Does anyone have any advice on how to connect up Windows 10 to The Three, wirelessly, on the same network? Or do you have a tried and tested alternative?

This is my setup Nirvana, if I can solve this I have less wires around, less stuff cramming through Bluetooth connection, and me being happy has happiness spreading effects on others too.

Would love some help please!

Thank you in advance.