Klipsch AW 650 speakers

johnvkumar

Receiver: TX-8270 With 8 ohm loads, 100 watts per channel.

Pair of Klipsch AW-650 8 Ohms handles up to 85 watts

Connection: 

SPEAKERS A : speaker 1 connected to L+ and L- 

SPEAKERS A : speaker 2 connected to R+ and R-

I made sure there is *NO* speaker wires are touching each other or back panel. if I increase the volume to 50(50%) I get "AMP Diag Mode" and "CHECK SP WIRE" error.

Can someone help with this issue?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My concern is Stereo receiver is 100 watts 8 ohms per channel minimum RMS and Dynamic maximum output power is 120 Watts 8 ohms but Klipsch AW 650 speaker, the min is 85 watt 8 Ohms, peak is 340 watt 8 Ohms, and continues RMS of say 170 watt will this cause an issue?

If I increase the volume to 50(50%) I get "AMP Diag Mode" and "CHECK SP WIRE" error.

The Onkyo support stated that Onkyo TX-8270 is under powered and the speakers demand continues RMS of say 170 watt and which Onkyo TX-8270 can't handle and can cause AMP trip issues, what are your comments?

One other question. what will be a best specs Stereo receiver to Pair withKlipsch AW-650 8 Ohms speaker.

For troubleshooting purposes, can you setup a demo area with the speakers and receiver close by and run new speaker wires? If you had newly cut 2ft. sections of wires and it still happens, you can determine it's not the wires. Sounds like the issue is most likely with the receiver.

1 hour ago, johnvkumar said:

"AMP Diag Mode" and "CHECK SP WIRE" error

Sure sounds like a receiver problem to me :(  Those Klipsch (outdoor?) speakers are fairly efficient (95dB); you can drive them with a much smaller amp.  

Try disconnecting "one" speaker and check again ... try the "other" speaker.  Next try "speaker B" connection.

Good luck :D 

I seriously doubt this is an under-power issue.

I would guess that you have a defective receiver or a short in the wire or speaker(s).

After verifying that all receiver and speaker connections are good and trying Emile's suggestions above, I would try another receiver/amp.