Expectations, where do your lie ?

joessportster

I think we've all had some sort of disappointment in our second hand experiences. I once received a 70 pound amp shipped in a ragged box and only peanuts as packing material. Thank the audio gods it was not damaged in any way. Worked perfectly. I guess I was lucky.

Big D

It's amazing in this day of the awesome smartphone point and shoot photos that many people can't seem to take anything but really fuzzy pictures of their equipment that conveniently hides many flaws!  I can look at a dozen pictures and still be surprised by what I get.   I've also bought some beautiful equipment that sounded horrible.  I was going to recap anyway but it was definitely misrepresented.  If it is 40+ years old and they say it has been "serviced" I factor in the fact that I will likely have to have it rebuilt.  

Congrats on getting the guy to fork over some cash for his lack of care and honesty.   Though I have not bought on Audiogon for a number of years, I used to all the time. Good feedback is very important over there and most people will do what it takes to keep in good standing. 

This just goes along with my theory/belief on how a big chunk of our society doesn't want to be accountable for their actions on so many levels.  And amidst that same group, their sense of entitlement.

Like the snooty waiter said in Ferris Bueler's Day off...."I weep for the future".

37 minutes ago, avguytx said:

This just goes along with my theory/belief on how a big chunk of our society doesn't want to be accountable for their actions on so many levels.  And amidst that same group, their sense of entitlement.

Like the snooty waiter said in Ferris Bueler's Day off...."I weep for the future".

I must agree