Used 402/510 w/ drivers value?

boricua2480

5 hours ago, Dave A said:

No and I have been looking and so are others all the time. You ever see any at a decent price don't hesitate because I sure won't. I am probably going to end up having to buy new to go on my future Super MWM build.

I was close to buying a pair but when I found out what the brand new pricing was, I decided to wait since he was asking damn near what it costs for a new pair, and they’re the older versions with no mumps. Also...what are your plans for this “super MWM”? 

2 hours ago, boricua2480 said:

I was close to buying a pair but when I found out what the brand new pricing was, I decided to wait since he was asking damn near what it costs for a new pair, and they’re the older versions with no mumps. Also...what are your plans for this “super MWM”? 

Personal and hopefully final end all be all system. Why do you ask?

2 hours ago, Dave A said:

Personal and hopefully final end all be all system. Why do you ask?

I asked because I have no idea what a super MWM is, and I was curious. My plans were MWM/402 2 way system unless I decided 3 way or 4 way would be necessary, I doubt 3 or 4 way system would be necessary, but cool factor sometimes gets me interested in things I don’t need. 

9 hours ago, boricua2480 said:

I was close to buying a pair but when I found out what the brand new pricing was, I decided to wait since he was asking damn near what it costs for a new pair, and they’re the older versions with no mumps.

Since I'm not clear on what you're looking to purchase, I might be off base here.  If you are looking at 402's, then know that they never did and as best I know, still do not have the mumps.  Only the 510 has the mumps.

The 402 is a sure case of chicken pox.....but.... mumps?  no.

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Since I'm not clear on what you're looking to purchase, I might be off base here.  If you are looking at 402's, then know that they never did and as best I know, still do not have the mumps.  Only the 510 has the mumps.

No you’re right, as far as I know, I don’t think the 402’s have mumps, not even the current version but what I meant was I was looking at the set of both but decided against it. And I believe they were an both older version of each horn but the price was close to msrp so it was a no go for me.  

16 hours ago, boricua2480 said:

I asked because I have no idea what a super MWM is, and I was curious. My plans were MWM/402 2 way system unless I decided 3 way or 4 way would be necessary, I doubt 3 or 4 way system would be necessary, but cool factor sometimes gets me interested in things I don’t need. 

There is a Super MWM post in the Klipsch Pro Forum section that will explain it in detail but basically it is a variation of the MWM that is 60" deep instead of the 44" deep MWM from Klipsch and the modeling indicates it should go 15hz lower.

• Like 1

• Moderators
23 hours ago, Coytee said:

Yes there are mumps.  Roy told me they were there, but they are invisible. 

• Like 1