Used 402/510 w/ drivers value?

boricua2480

Hey, I’m looking for everyone’s insights on what a good price range is for this setup on the used market so I know what would be considered “a good deal,” or “a little on the high side,” or “priced outrageously.” When the time comes, I’d like to know what to look out for so I’m not having to ask this question down the road and while waiting for an answer, miss out on a deal. (This has happened more than once). I’ve seen previous posts on the forum for a 2 way jubilee setup that a good range would be $3500-$4000, but I just need the mid/high section pricing. Thanks for your help. 

It is a tough question since the price is ultimately determined by whatever some will pay (at a given time and in a given location).

First, your estimate on the price for a full Jubilee, is low. People will pay more than that (a new price is over $8000). The horns alone (K-402 with drivers) is bit over $2200 a pair. 

All this is complicated since shipping is an issue and the what someone is willing to spend varies across region and across time (6 months ago or 6 months from now). 

Part of the problem is that a buyer may or may not understand what is involved in setting up a crossover (really not that difficult of expensive). 

In my view, if you can get Jubilees for less than $6000, then jump on the deal. If they are less than $5000 then that is a crazy deal and may not get repeated.

BTW, I own Jubilees. They are certainly worth the money. They are clearly some of the best speakers you will ever hear (and quite a bit cheaper than the competition). 

3 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

It is a tough question since the price is ultimately determined by whatever some will pay (at a given time and in a given location).

First, your estimate on the price for a full Jubilee, is low. People will pay more than that (a new price is over $8000). The horns alone (K-402 with drivers) is bit over $2200 a pair. 

All this is complicated since shipping is an issue and the what someone is willing to spend varies across region and across time (6 months ago or 6 months from now). 

Part of the problem is that a buyer may or may not understand what is involved in setting up a crossover (really not that difficult of expensive). 

In my view, if you can get Jubilees for less than $6000, then jump on the deal. If they are less than $5000 then that is a crazy deal and may not get repeated.

BTW, I own Jubilees. They are certainly worth the money. They are clearly some of the best speakers you will ever hear (and quite a bit cheaper than the competition). 

The price range I mentioned for the jubes was considered based on info I’ve read on this forum from members. One of the threads with the same price range I mentioned was actually on your thread when you were selling yours. I lurk a lot on what’s for sale and pricing but I wanted to see what others would pay or consider a deal on the used market for the mid/high section of a 3 way Jubilee setup. Not the whole setup though, I don’t need the bass section as I’ve been lucky enough to meet another forum brother who let his MWM’s find their new home so next on my “to-do” list is to find either a 402 or a 402/510 and add on top of the MWM’s. 

4 hours ago, PrestonTom said:

Preston Tom, a pair of new Jubliees without amplifiers or the active Crossovers can be had for WAAAAY less than $8,000. If you are seriously in the market, PM Cory Harrison.  :D

Roger

Roger it sounds like a good deal then.

My information was that the price is mid-$7000's with some vendors either 5% higher or lower (shipped to your door). Keep in mind that there was a rumor (from probably a reliable source) that the cost may "soon" increase by as much as 25%. That has not happened yet. 

In either case, these are fantastic speakers! Even if if the price was $10K plus crossover, they would still easily beat the competition. With the DSP crossover (and factory recommended settings), A Jubilee is pretty much a turn key system. Unfortunately, you can not go to Best Buy for a demo. 

I think the OP's strategy of a K-402 on a MWM bass bin is a great one (definitely not high on the WAF scale however).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, boricua2480 said:

So back to my question, who’s gonna be the first to comment on what they'd consider a good price range for the top section used, and not new? All opinions on used pricing is appreciated.  

If the deal included the K-402 horn, stand, and K-69 driver, then I would guess that $1000 for a pair would be a fairly good deal (about 45% of new) and $800 a pair would be a great deal. It is possible that someone might sell closer to $600-700, but I would not hold your breath. 

Of course location/shipping could make the real cost higher. How patient are you?

These are just guesses. What is difficult is that so few of these come up for sale. 

Again this is for the 402/510 combo, not just the 402 by itself. I was watching the guy in FL selling several sets for $1200 several months ago and I should’ve grabbed a pair but since I didn’t I’m still on the hunt. If anyone knows the msrp of them brand new then maybe that could be a starting point for me. If anyone knows the msrp, PM me so I can get a starting point. Thanks

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I paid $1200.00 for a used combo pair shipped to Omaha from Florida.  Hopefully that gives you and idea. 

I really wished I jumped on those while I had he chance. We’re yours in good shape? I know at least one pair was cracked on the 402 due to the original mounting method of the 510 up top. 

I really wished I jumped on those while I had he chance. We’re yours in good shape? I know at least one pair was cracked on the 402 due to the original mounting method of the 510 up top. 
no cracks, more wrapping than one may of cared for, but not bad and seem to play fine.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What worked for me on the warp issue was to place them of a flat surface, mouth down,  in the direct sun of a hot day for several hours and leave till sun is down and cooled or move to another flat surface out of sun to cool.  No external force was applied.

It worked for me and another forum member  but no way can I guarantee you will have same results.

• Like 2

What worked for me on the warp issue was to place them of a flat surface, mouth down,  in the direct sun of a hot day for several hours and leave till sun is down and cooled or move to another flat surface out of sun to cool.  No external force was applied.

It worked for me and another forum member  but no way can I guarantee you will have same results.

i thought about doing this, maybe if i get one more hot day this year it might be enough.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, rockhound said:

I would think if you can swing a deal to get both for under 1500 you should jump. I bought a pair from the Florida seller, I took them to a local body shop where they sprayed them black, they look brand new.

KPT-942.jpg

I really wish I would’ve jumped on those when he had em. I second guessed myself. I hate when I do that 🤷🏽‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...