Step in here smart guys

USNRET

3 minutes ago, USNRET said:

issue one was the pulley diameters ?

Haha; thought you Navy guys knew blocks/tackle/pulleys :D Pulley diameter is irrelevant ... number of loops determines reduction of "length" (and resulting force "increase").  They have extremely small lightweight plastic pulleys at HD ... with fishing line it should (haha) work with a tennis ball.

5pm ... Cheers, Emile :D 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Emile said:

Haha; thought you Navy guys knew blocks/tackle/pulleys :D Pulley diameter is irrelevant ... number of loops determines reduction of "length" (and resulting force "increase").  They have extremely small lightweight plastic pulleys at HD ... with fishing line it should (haha) work with a tennis ball.

Since I live in an extremely corrosive environment I question anything that has to move / rotate. Did I tell you that I was a Navy aircrewman and never learned that Navy shipboard stuff?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dave1290 said:

Chalk mark???  Paint a mark on the wall for each driver!  Who cares!!!  Or is it truly rocket science?  Kinda fun thunkin on it and watching the comments...  Thanks @mangofirst  :)  Yup, time to pull the cork Emile!

Walls are covered by movable crap.

Funny about the marks / alignment as when we did practice mining in a particular place in Washington state we put grease pencil markings on the co-pilot’s window. When that aligned with a certain red barn and we were at exactly 300 kts it was time to release. Screw the nav aids.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Walls are covered by movable crap.

Funny about the marks / alignment as when we did practice mining in a particular place in Washington state we put grease pencil markings on the co-pilot’s window. When that aligned with a certain red barn and we were at exactly 300 kts it was time to release. Screw the nav aids.

I KNEW there was an underlying reason you didn't jump on that idea!!!  No chalk, no paint, no grease pencil...  See the rake handle son?  That's where you stop, I stop at the spade handle...  Course someone would switch what was where, which wouldn't be good...  😂  😂  😂

Had to maintain 300 kts at 200’. Opening bomb bay doors created drag and you slowed down. Now if you set power to maintain 300 kts with engine anti-ice ON (10% power loss) you could open bomb bay and turn anti-ice off to compensate without having to jockey power levers searching for speed. Took a few thousand hours in aircraft model to learn those repeatable tricks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emile said:

I didn't want to go there knowing pulleys would be too complicated for a navy guy.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

You guys have to be kidding me. Just open your eyes to see where the door is.

JJK

Pretty had to park in exact spot while looking backwards thru the moon roof to see where the door is and why would I care where the door is? I want to know where the CAR is.

• Like 1

I'm starting to "feel it!"  😂  😂  😂

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder with Impairment Among Adults

• Of adults with OCD in the past year, degree of impairment ranged from mild to severe, as shown in Figure 2. Impairment was determined by scores on the Sheehan Disability Scale.
    • Among adults with OCD, approximately one half (50.6%) had had serious impairment.1
    • Another 34.8% of adults with OCD had moderate impairment, and 14.6% had mild impairment.1

15 hours ago, USNRET said:

Pretty had to park in exact spot while looking backwards thru the moon roof to see where the door is and why would I care where the door is? I want to know where the CAR is.

My uncle uses a 4 x 4 anchored to the floor toward the back of the garage which kind of lets you know when to stop the car in the same spot every time. You might say that there are no loose ends with this method.

JJK

• Like 1

21 hours ago, USNRET said:

I am good at identifying potential issues but suck at solutions 

I got this one. 

• Have your wife pull up in the driveway just short of the garage door.
  • Activate remote to raise the garage door
  • Get out cell phone
  • Have her call you
  • You come out and park the car in the garage for her

Foolproof and works every time!