What pre/pro do you use?

Jirachi

I'll be putting an order in for a Parasound A52+ in tomorrow but still need a preamp to go with it. I'm looking at this Integra here but I've never seen much about this brand. My setup right now would is 5.1 and likely max out at 7.2. I'm not sure I can do atmos successfully with ceilings that are just short of 7 feet high but I'm open to being told otherwise. I'm not entirely against buying used but I do appreciate having up to date gear. I have no idea if DTS:X and such have any benefit or affect on 5 or 7 channel surround sound so I'm interested in learning what would satisfy my needs

I own five Sherbourn PT-7020C4 pre/pros and absolutely love them. Only real downfall is no Atmos, which is fine with me since I have cathedral ceilings in nearly every room.. It sounds amazing with the twin Cirrus chips. Balanced inputs and outputs which works great for me to run completely analog balanced from CD player to Pre/Pro to Amp. The sound of these pre-Emotiva merger processors has given me a ton of pleasure, there are several of us in this forum and on the Emotiva forum that have hunted these down over the past few years. I've had Onkyo and Yamaha processors and AVR's in the past and they pale in comparison to this baby.

https://www.ecoustics.com/products/sherbourn-pt-7020c4-home-theater-preamplifierprocessor/

2 hours ago, Jirachi said:

I'll be putting an order in for a Parasound A52+ in tomorrow but still need a preamp to go with it. I'm looking at this Integra here but I've never seen much about this brand.

Integra/Onkyo have been successfully implementing quality HDMI pre/pros for the better part of 10 years and have been consistently first to offer the latest and greatest features/technologies when they come out.  Their custom install products have been an "affordable" alternative to the more expensive gear from the likes of Anthem, Krell, etc.

Bill

1 minute ago, DoubleJ said:

I use the Fruit: :)

JM-Peach - For the ST-70 and K-Horns

JM-BlueBerry W/Creme- For the Belles/Music Hall 2.1 TT  (I also swap in a Scott 299C for the JM-BB from time to time)

Thanks

JJ

How is the Atmos on that 299 Scott? Seriously, great piece of vintage gear I don't miss my BBX with cream but I miss the Scott.