Value of Lascalas / Belles?

Cornwalled

I have to admit I'm kinda out of touch  with current Heritage values.  I haven't had a set in quite a while.  Stumbling on a set of 79 Heresys has kinda reignited the flame I guess.

So, please catch me up, what would you says LaScalas and Belles are going for these days?  I'm not looking for museum quality.  A decent set of fixer uppers.  My dream would be Belles because I've always liked how they look and have been eager to try the K-500 horn.

Don't know if the area affects value or not, but I'm in New Ringgold, PA 17960.

Thanks!

-Jon

5 hours ago, Cornwalled said:

I have to admit I'm kinda out of touch  with current Heritage values.  I haven't had a set in quite a while.  Stumbling on a set of 79 Heresys has kinda reignited the flame I guess.

So, please catch me up, what would you says LaScalas and Belles are going for these days?  I'm not looking for museum quality.  A decent set of fixer uppers.  My dream would be Belles because I've always liked how they look and have been eager to try the K-500 horn.

Don't know if the area affects value or not, but I'm in New Ringgold, PA 17960.

Thanks!

-Jon

This is a deal...

https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ele/d/klipsch-heresy-hwo-speakers/6669026659.html

actually overall the scalas are the best deal - a scala is better than a belle in my book as far as a speaker - better  midrange with K400 horns and  the K horns are the next step up - the pair alone -  should be good  for 800- 1000$  make him an offer - buy only the speakers - and forget the amp , you need way more power for these babies if you wanna hear them sing , -

20 WPC of clean power is more than enough for LaScalas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Belle uses the exact same components as the La Scala, sounds the same, takes up less floor space, and (arguably) looks better.  The KHorn (if you have the space for placement) is better but 9 times out of 10 people dont have the optimum placement location. The Belle demands a premium because it is aesthetically pleasing and less available.  And as a former La Scala and Belle owner I can tell you they sound the same but its an easy decision when WAF factor comes into play on which to get.  Also 20wpc is more than enough if you are in an average sized living room at 8-12 foot listening distances.  If you are further away or in a bigger house and wanting to listen at reference levels you may want a few more watts

• Like 1

I concur.  35wpc from a VTA ST-70 tube amp or 50wpc from a Mac MC-250 are more than plenty for my Belle (clones) to get to whatever volume you're after.  

Those are some good looking Belle's in that link but are definitely at the high end of the price scale.

If we're looking for a community opinion on aesthetics, I actually think La scalas with grills look better than belles of the same finish and condition. Belles are way harder to find though, been looking for one for a center between khorns for a while. A la scala is just a hair too tall in my setup. 

Still havent heard either speaker in person..

5 hours ago, Kalifornian said:

The Belle uses the exact same components as the La Scala, sounds the same, takes up less floor space,

In my experience, the Belle and La Scala  definitely do not sound the same.  The Belle is not as dynamic and live sounding as the La Scala.  As far as floor space, the Belle is wider, but the La Scala is deeper.

• Like 1

I've never heard a pair of Belles, but have been told many times that they don't sound the same.

Looks like a good reason to keep all of your stock components when you start upgrading, because you are never going to get out of them what they are really worth once you go down that road. Yowza, I've got $1900 into mine, and that doesn't even count the value of the cabinets.

11 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

In my experience, the Belle and La Scala  definitely do not sound the same.  The Belle is not as dynamic and live sounding as the La Scala.  As far as floor space, the Belle is wider, but the La Scala is deeper.

I've heard this from a few different people but I can say from my personal listening experience in my living room they sounded identical....