Stadium owners thread - we want updates!

Freighter

I’m making this thread to get a feel for how many Stadium owners are out that that are angry at Klipsch’s lack of updates and support.

As far as I can tell, the Stadium got no support at all from Klipsch - which is rediculous with it being it’s most expensive sound dock.

It hasn’t received a single firmware update to improve the (actually terrible) stability, latency and AirPlay discoverability problems. It also hasn’t been updated with features like Spotify Connect or AirPlay 2 - something that the cheaper competitor the Naim Mu-so did get.

It also still has issues such as:

-When not connected to a WiFi network, it’ll keep blinking orange while waiting for a connection and it won’t function AT ALL even over USB or optical until it can establish a WiFi connection. This is a huge issue as 2.4Ghz 802.11n networks might not be around for many more years. Also, it should be possible to use the device without a network connection anywhere with a wired connection.

-It doesn’t automatically turn off after some time of being unused. Not only is this environmentally unfriendly, it’s actually illegal in the EU. My old Zeppelin Air just received an update for this a while ago to fix this exact issue.

Would love to hear what issues other owners are having and let’s put some pressure on Klipsch to provide a long awaited firmware update with stability improvements and hopefully some modern connectivity options like Spotify Connect and AirPlay 2.

• 4 weeks later...

Sigh.

Wish I never bought this thing. It’s one of the worst purchases I’ve ever made. Yes, it sounds amazing, but it’s so damn unreliable.

Im honestly not kidding when I say 2 out of 3 times I want to use it it ends up not working, never managing to get a connection to begin with, or getting one that stutters and lags and breaks if you do anything like skip or repeat a song.

It’s not a WiFi issue either cause the WiFi is rock solid and getting 100Mb easily at the location of the Stadium.

Worst thing is that you can’t even play over Bluetooth or heck even a wired connection when the thing refuses to connect to the WiFi, because it’s on total lock-down whenever it’s not connected for whatever reason.

The lack of any support or heck even interest (mails to Klipsch support have gone ignored) only makes it worse.

I love my Klipsch floorstanders and will continue to do so, but I will never buy a music system like this from Klipsch again.

Klipsch needs to step up and do what is right by all their customers that are having issues with Bluetooth/WiFi and other connectivity issues. 

These are high dollar items and the fact that it seems Klipsch has abandoned their customers is pretty eye opening. 

• 1 month later...

@Chad find anything out?

I’m just staring at an orange blinking light instead of listening to music again.

Which according to the manual means it’s trying to connect to the WiFi network, which I know isn’t correct because I can actually just go to the stadium’s IP address and see the device information, so it’s already connected for sure.

Not available for airplay, though.

Oh and also won’t work over a cable, because the whole device is in lock down until “wifi” works again.

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Freighter said:

@Chad find anything out?

I’m just staring at an orange blinking light instead of listening to music again.

Which according to the manual means it’s trying to connect to the WiFi network, which I know isn’t correct because I can actually just go to the stadium’s IP address and see the device information, so it’s already connected for sure.

Not available for airplay, though.

Oh and also won’t work over a cable, because the whole device is in lock down until “wifi” works again.

It's not his area, and he probably won't see this.

All I can suggest is customer service/tech hotline.

Travis

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...