Bought KP-115's and a KI-215 ... now what?

Emile

Haha ... just bought a pair of KP-115's and a single KI-215.  Love the Pro stuff and this deal was too good to pass up :D  (Send the seller PayPal money ... awaiting acknowledgement :( )

So; what do I do with these???  Have KPT-904's in my main room.  KP-3002's and Forte's in my stereo room.  Should I buy a crossover from Parts-Express and hook them up somewhere?  Or ...???

Cheers, Emile

00p0p_gXZk6x69gn3_1200x900.jpg

00N0N_7Degk315TpP_1200x900.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Emile said:

Haha ... just bought a pair of KP-115's and a single KI-215.  Love the Pro stuff and this deal was too good to pass up :D  (Send the seller PayPal money ... waiting acknowledgement :( )

So; what do I do with these???  Have KPT-904's in my main room.  KP-3002's and Forte's in my stereo room.  Should I buy a crossover from Parts-Express and hook them up somewhere?  Or ...???

Cheers, Emile

00p0p_gXZk6x69gn3_1200x900.jpg

00N0N_7Degk315TpP_1200x900.jpg

What do you have for garage or patio.  These might match up with a great sounding system out there.

• Like 3

• Moderators

KI-215

White (# 94315051924)

The KI-215 trapezoidal array-capable (twelve built-in 3/8" 16-thread fly points) subwoofer perfectly complements Klipsch’s high power full-range loudspeaker systems. The KI-215’s enclosure dimensions and rigging configuration are identical to the KI-362 full-range professional loudspeaker system, making it an ideal match when using an external, active two-way crossover. Its highest-quality heavy-duty drive components use 104-ounce magnets and 3" voice coils as well as proprietary speaker motor assemblies to deliver high sensitivity and advanced power handling capabilities.

Ideal for clubs, theaters, auditoriums, churches, and performance halls the plywood construction tuned port enclosure applies CNC fabrication techniques for uniform tolerances and build reliability.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dwilawyer said:

The KI-215 trapezoidal array-capable (twelve built-in 3/8" 16-thread fly points) subwoofer perfectly complements Klipsch’s high power full-range loudspeaker systems.

Thought it was "overkill" with my other stuff ... bass doesn't really go much lower ... but guess much better anyhow :D 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Emile said:

add-on ... have a 1000W sub-amp in my TV room ... thought I could add the KI-215 to the 2nd channel.  And, maybe get a crossover at 500Hz for my stereo room ???

The 215 goes down to about 70hz your 904s go down to about 40hz IIRC, they won't do anything I'm afraid except muddy, create nulls, to a great engineered speaker system.

If you want more low end for your 904s you need to look at 684s or an 1802.  Otherwise you are going in reverse.

You have a professional cinema speaker with the 904s, the 215 and 115s are for PA systems or permanent instalation,

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

I would wait for some more knowledgeable people to chime, I just have a very basic understanding of this stuff

Thanks :D  Yes, even though the frequency range does not go as low as my KPT-904's or even my Forte's ... think they might add "something," especially since the dB range is "much, much higher." :D 

OK; $100 for 2xKP-115 and 1xKI-215.  These speakers are just too heavy to play around with :(

Anyone want them ... $100 ... paid $200 ... bought from a 15yr Klipsch employee ... local pickup in St. Petersburg, FL.  Not going to ship them. Will probably put them in the "Garage Sale" section ... can disassemble and sell the K-48-K woofers for $60/pr and the K-45-KT's for $60 also ... you pay shipping :) 

Cheers, Emile