For Sale or Trade: Monster Mcintosh HT-2 THX Dual 12" Subwoofer (Chicago Area)

zimbida

For sale is a beast of a subwoofer, a Mcintosh HT-2 THX certified Dual 12" Subwoofer. This is a passive subwoofer so you will need to use an amp with it, but if you do, it will put out bass to shake your house and your neighbor's. Seriously large, can be used a rather nice end table or window seat as well ;) 

If you need an amp, I do also have a nice Rotel amplifier for sale which could be used nicely with this monster.

one review:
"This is my last subwoofer. I finally got my fill of upgrading, so I went with one that had "ultimate" performance in pretty much every area"
http://www.audioreview.com/product/speakers/floorstanding-speakers/mcintosh/ht-2.html

last retail price on this unit was $1,750,00 each, and checking sold listings seem to go used for about $600, probably would go for more if they weren't too heavy to ship. I got this in part trade for a pair of Klipsch Chorus II's I had, but as it's way too big for my house, it makes sense to let it go to someone who is more able to use it, and does have the expected nicks and scratches on the cabinet I'm willing to let it go for far less

info from the Roger Russell site on Mcintosh's
http://www.roger-russell.com/speakers.htm

Floor system has Two 12" LD/HP woofers facing downward. THX approved. Black ash finish.

Impedance: 4 ohms
Output: 88dB @1w/1m [91dB @ 2.83v]
Power rating: 600w
Size: 20-1/2"H, 30"W and 20"D
Weight: 90.5 lb.
Manufactured: 1993-. 

I'm asking $450 for the subwoofer, which I think is a very good deal

20180809_124445.jpg