New Install

jpesaturo

Hello, I have purchased a new construction home and trying to figure out speaker placement. 

I am looking at purchasing the PRO-180RPW for the Front Left & Right and the PRO-250RPW for the Center.

Should I go with the PRO-250RPW for all 3?

The other question is on the Center channel orientation.  Looking at the specs for the 250 it will not fit horizontally between the studs.

I could install vertically but then what does that do the heights of the TV in order to mount it that way?

1stFloor.jpg

Edited by jpesaturo
updated drawing

• 6 months later...

I essentially have the PRO-180RPW LCR setup (its actually the R5800's but the same design). I went that way for the same issue you are experiencing. Didn't want to cut a stud. Turns out I didn't measure properly and had to cut a stud anyway but no matter.

As for how the 8 inch in wall speakers sound ......They sound very good. I am however coming from RF7ii's and an RC64ii so I can't say it sounds great. I'm not coming cause the floor space was needed and my choices were few. I'm happy with the Klipsch in wall design and wouldn't change it. I am thinking of adding another speaker to each front channel for more output as long as it doesn't mess with the stage. I also just changed my subs and will be changing my AVR soon so until that is all done and dialed in I will stay with the 3 R5800's up front.