Neighborhood party and a few photos

jimjimbo

Yes, I know.....but you looked, right?

Anyway, the annual neighborhood party is this weekend, and as usual, I am in charge of the smoked pulled pork and music.

26 pounds of butt, rubbed with Tex Joy Butt rub, courtesy of Carl, and then coated with my wife's apple butter on the left, and sweet crabapple butter on the right.  12-14 hours on the homemade drum smoker, with a combo of sugar maple, pecan, and a little bit of hickory wood.  Will cook down to about 18-19 pounds when done.  

IMG_5198 (Medium).JPG

• Like 6

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Yes, I know.....but you looked, right?

Anyway, the annual neighborhood party is this weekend, and as usual, I am in charge of the smoked pulled pork and music.

26 pounds of butt, rubbed with Tex Joy Butt rub, courtesy of Carl, and then coated with my wife's apple butter on the left, and sweet crabapple butter on the right.  12-14 hours on the homemade drum smoker, with a combo of sugar maple, pecan, and a little bit of hickory wood.  Will cook down to about 18-19 pounds when done.  

IMG_5198 (Medium).JPG

I can only add Yummy and FUN...

9 minutes ago, Davis said:

Just how many miles south would you say your neighborhood might extend? :biggrin2:

You are certainly invited my friend, as are any other local Klipsch folks that want to show up.  5pm to whenever, tomorrow Aug. 18.  PM me for address, contact info.

I know, you can smell that sweet sugar maple smoke from Indy.....

2 minutes ago, Seadog said:

Great looking butts.  Motivates me to fire up my ugly drum smoker this weekend.  I've never tried coating with apple butter or crabapple butter over the dry rub.

I do the rub and the coating the night before.  Been doing it the same for years, it's terrific.