WTB K-402’s

boricua2480

If at any point someone’s looking to get rid of their 402’s or knows someone selling theirs, with or without drivers, please let me know. I’ll be interested until the point in time I comment here that I’ve found some. If they include the 510’s also then I’d be interested in those if they’re being sold as a combo. Thanks. 

On 8/17/2018 at 8:59 PM, Schu said:

Buy a new pair...

Trying to save money. I don’t buy anything new unless I absolutely have to. I received a message from a new forum member with no posts to contact a Jean in MA who’s selling 402’s. So I contacted Jean and Jean has a pair for sale but wants me to Western Union the money and refuses to use PayPal “because he got hacked in the past”. How many fellow forum members think this sounds scammy? 

Seller changed his mind and said PayPal is good to go BUT, wants me to use family and friends and NOT goods and services. Keeping it nice and sketchy. I offered to use goods and services to protect me and then the seller decided no deal and is going to hold onto them. I told him nice try. He sounded so legit at first. Scam artists are among us even on this forum. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Coytee said:

Yeah, I think your radar served you well.  Smells to high heaven.

2nd attempt in the past couple weeks at purchasing a pair. 1st guy wanted damn near full msrp so I decided for that I may as well buy new if I wanted them THAT bad and now a scam artist attempts to take me for a ride. I really want a pair for the MWM’s. In time they will be mine. I just gotta be patient. 

• Moderators

They really don't come up for sale very often, if ever.  People tend to keep them once they have them.  

The Museum had a single 510 with driver we just sold, but that flew out the door right away for a center a member is making to go between two Jubes.

@Chief bonehead may come up with something better one day, and then there will be a flood of them available, but then you will want those.

Travis

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, boricua2480 said:

2nd attempt in the past couple weeks at purchasing a pair. 1st guy wanted damn near full msrp so I decided for that I may as well buy new if I wanted them THAT bad and now a scam artist attempts to take me for a ride. I really want a pair for the MWM’s. In time they will be mine. I just gotta be patient. 

@dtel and @dtel's wife run that set up in their listening room (2 way) with a Klipsch vented horn sub and sound has been described as mind blowing.

@mark1101 runs MWMs with 402s in a 3 way and that is supposed to be pretty hot as well.

Travis

2 minutes ago, dwilawyer said:

@dtel and @dtel's wife run that set up in their listening room (2 way) with a Klipsch vented horn sub and sound has been described as mind blowing.

@mark1101 runs MWMs with 402s in a 3 way and that is supposed to be pretty hot as well.

Travis

Yeah the Dtels living room pic got me started down this rabbit hole. I can’t wait to get this all setup. These horns are WAYYYY bigger than the CF-4’s horns so I can only imagine how good they’ll sound once I get everything dialed in. I heard @Coytee‘s Jubilee setup and those sounded fantastic, but he’s got the Tad drivers which probably make a big difference but regardless, I’ll be there soon, Tad drivers and all...in time. I did grab 6 kpt-200’s and 4 KI-102’s for surround sound and I got some KP-456’s I still haven’t hooked up too. I’m balls deep in the Pro stuff. I can’t stop buying this stuff. It’s bad. 

• Like 1

The first step to salvation is to chant over & over....  "My name is Rhett....  and I have a problem...."

Ok, I lied.  It's an old wives tale....  and doesn't work.  Just look at the other nut-so's here on the forum as proof of that.

Dang looking in a mirror can hurt at times....

Do I hear an A-men??!!??!!???

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

The first step to salvation is to chant over & over....  "My name is Rhett....  and I have a problem...."

Ok, I lied.  It's an old wives tale....  and doesn't work.  Just look at the other nut-so's here on the forum as proof of that.

Dang looking in a mirror can hurt at times....

Do I hear an A-men??!!??!!???

😂🤣I can’t stop won’t stop until my vision is a reality. I expect to be front row in my living room to every concert I’ve ever missed. Unfortunately some of my favorite artists keep OD’ing off fentanyl and/or committing suicide so my house is the closest I’ll get to a live performance for some of my favorites.