Today’s smoke

USNRET

To smoke an egg.
Place cooked and peeled eggs directly on the grill grate. Smoke eggs for 30 minutes. I use my side warmer / smoker which is about 150* on the lowest rack when the main chamber is 225*. Remove from the grill and allow eggs to cool.
Slice the eggs lengthwise and scoop the egg yolks into a gallon zip top bag. Add mayonnaise, chives, mustard, vinegar, hot sauce, salt and pepper to the bag.
Zip the bag closed and, using your hands, knead all of the ingredients together until completely smooth.
Squeeze the yolk mixture into one corner of the bag; cut a small part of the corner off. Pipe the yolk mixture into the hard boiled egg whites.
Top deviled eggs with crumbled bacon and paprika. Chill until ready to serve. Enjoy!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Coytee said:

I keep peeling my egg, put it on the grill and the yoke just goes right through...

I swear...my wife must of bought defective eggs!!

:mellow2:

I just want to see the transfer of peeled egg to grill.............

Repeat college ball on the boob tube today. Rain kept me from outside so I did the inside chores.

Yep my blood pressure will probably go up this season. Dummies gave away Jeff Skinner (his heart hasn't been with his skates in a while), traded our best and only Cup goalie #30. We've got this big slow guy in net and a D that's got to work really hard. 

Svechnikov is a PLUS though.

• Moderators
50 minutes ago, USNRET said:

Delete this rub sux

wtf can’t I delete this photo

There you go, that brisket looks great. 

You sure jumped into this smoking thing full speed and from the looks have done so with great results. :emotion-21: 

I kind of panicked when I first started, I thought I burned everything until I learned if done right there is a good chance it's going to look like burned overcooked lump of coal. But not taste burned, but great instead. So now I see a picture like you posted and my mouth starts to water knowing it's cooked well.

• Like 1

His explanation was adequate.  The way he explained it, it wasn't so much of the crutch method (which if used should be wrapped tightly), but that he just collected some jus at the end---last few minutes.  What is to be avoided is steaming the brisket, because the flavors will be off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

:evil:

== from what I’ve gathered teams of grown men on ice skates hit a hard rubber disc to and fro. Then they fist fight over the disc. I’m having a hard time visualizing two teams of Johnny Weir competeing and beating the helll out of one another - . Oh well, I guess it could be entertaining —

• Haha 2