RF 3 set for sale

falcon20x

29 minutes ago, falcon20x said:

3D11E614-DCF5-4CB1-9975-70A9831B3865.jpeg

Looks great.  Willing to take these apart and just ship me the speakers and crossovers?  Haha ... trying to put these in a vintage stereo console ... not sure yet if I can make 10" woofers fit :(  Console is coming Tuesday ... will let you know then - or earlier. :D 

Cheers, Emile

OK; confused :(  Looked up the specs and found 2 different versions ... one says 10" woofers, another one 8" woofers.  If they are 8" I'll take them (if you want to ship the components).  If 10" I'll have to check my box next week :D 

Thanks, Emile

1 minute ago, Emile said:

OK; confused :(  Looked up the specs and found 2 different versions ... one says 10" woofers, another one 8" woofers.  If they are 8" I'll take them (if you want to ship the components).  If 10" I'll have to check my box next week :D 

Thanks, Emile

RF-3 are 8 inch woofers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, teaman said:

RF-3 are 8 inch woofers

Thank you SIR!

OK @falcon20x ... I'd love to get these from you if you are willing to "break them down." :D  And you can keep the box for another project :)  Have to go to a party now ... back later tonight.

Cheers, Emile

16 hours ago, falcon20x said:

-I’m confused about what it is you want.

Hi; yes ... woofers, horns, crossovers, connector plates, wiring and tubes (if any). :D The RF-3's supposedly are GREAT speakers ... anyone for a comment ???? So, yes, want to use the "components" in a vintage stereo console.  Yes; we Klipsch guys are "weird." :D Shipping should be less than $50 ... where are you located? I'm in St Pete, FL 33702. Console pics below ...

d158cccca97b4135960667edbfe496c5.jpg\

Hi Florida neighbor @billybob ... think I will have a problem "enclosing" these RF-3's in a similar volume as the originals :(  Any idea what they would sound like WITHOUT an enclosure just like in the pic below?  Or ... maybe I can make a sealed box around them :) 

PS ... cannot "get rid" of the 2 shelves in the lower right compartment :( 

6 minutes ago, billybob said:

have you gently powered up the tubes with a variac, or other device to not shock the system?

Haha ... getting the console this Tuesday and will "slowly" power it up to see what happens :D  But pretty sure it is dead as seller told me he had not plugged it in ... translation: dead. So was thinking of putting a Marantz amp in it and the RF-3 speakers. And yes; will slowly try some different approaches :D 

OK; will leave this thread alone and start a new one when I get the console :) 

Cheers, Emile 

• Like 1

The RF-3 woofers can work great in smallish ported enclosures just look at the RC-7 cabinets same woofers and surprisingly good strong bass. The thing that would worry me with this project is the horn / woofers being so low to the ground, especially the horn you would want to mount them angled up quite a bit so the horn is aimed near the ears at listening position otherwise they might sound dead and kind of lifeless. 

Anyway looks like a fun project best of luck to you! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

The thing that would worry me with this project is the horn / woofers being so low to the ground, especially the horn you would want to mount them angled up quite a bit so the horn is aimed near the ears at listening position otherwise they might sound dead and kind of lifeless. 

Darn ... did not think of that :(  Guess I have to buy a "beanbag" and lay on the floor :D 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Emile said:

Not getting any response so withdrawing my offer :( 

Seller probably waiting around a bit to see if anyone local is interested in complete speakers first I know I would its a bit of work to strip cabinets down pack / box parts and ship plus disposal of leftovers all for the same price he should be able to get local cash deal just my .02. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, jjptkd said:

for the same price he should be able to get local cash deal

:( yeah .. so leave a buyer "hanging?" :( 

add-on ... yeah, breakdown/pack/ship could take an hour vs "local" demo/sale 1/2 hour :(