Klipschorn AK6 Rollout?

boom3

• Moderators
56 minutes ago, Brac said:
  • Designed and Engineered in the USA----     Heritage not being made here anymore?

They are still made here, and other models. I am not sure what other models but it seems there are other lines going through the plant whenever we are up there.

• Moderators
On 8/20/2018 at 11:11 PM, richieb said:

We listened to a just completed pair in the Hope sound room and were reminded this was Not the final version. 

That's the truth, they were probably finished the day everyone toured. The day before only parts ( I think the bass bin) were finished and brought to the listening room, I think the rest was brought that morning, when everyone heard them they were not 24 hours old.

We were helping hanging some new art and putting the chairs together when they brought them in, I was thinking great I want to hear them. But the tops were not done so I never did get to hear them since I never got to go on the tour.

28 minutes ago, Maximus89 said:

Well the 60th and 70th anniversary Klipschorn specs went down to 33hz same as non enclosed Klipschorn specs so it should be the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, good to know. Seems so much simpler than all that false wall folderol people used to go through. Maybe it's not so simple. Either way, I have nice corners so I'll be good to go.

For anyone that might not know this: just because the backs are finished, doesn't mean you don't need the corners. The finished backs allow you to turn them, but to get the lowest bass response, you still need to be within 12" inches of the corner.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I believe it is a patent matter.  The novelty in at least some claims relied on the room wall providing the structure rather than a part of the horn.  This would explain why PWK suggested an artificial corner.

We'd have to make a close analysis of the K-Horn patent claims.

What is a bit odd is that PWK suggested the artificial corner well after the patent had expired. I think that continued until after his passing.  

WMcD

• Like 1