Forte1 DIY Cabinet

Zifnab

Hello,

beforehand i am sorry for my bad american, but i hope you still understand my request

I am the owner of 2 Pairs oh Heresy3 for 3 years and i m fascinated from the "heritige soundig", but i ve heard so much about the forte, so i could not resist as i read an offer on the german ebay-marketplace - Fortes are really rare here in Germany. So i buyed a pair of Klipsch Forte 1 a couple of days ago. The cabinets are DIY 5 years ago by the previous owner, the drivers and crossover originally belonged to a couple of speakers he himself orderd in the USA. From the connention terminal on the back i see that the year of construction is 1985 and my fortes are equipped with the smaller midhorn and the 12 passive radiator on the back, so i think it should be in fact a pair of forte 1s.

The current cabinet is in a bad condition and i m planning to build up a new one as near by the original as possible. My Problem ist that i m not sure if the present cabinet does exactly complays with the original plans, so i m not able to build a copy easyly. I only found the klipsch_forte.pdf, but there are not many informations for a rebuilding of the cabinet. There are no details about the size of the socket, if the socket is included to the volumen or is divided, there are no details to the inside measure or absorbtion materials.

I searched a lot in the web to find plans or bluprints to the forte1 but had no success so far, maybe someone of the forte1 owners could help me with some details to the cabinet - espacelly inner sizes, details to the socket and to the wallthickness.

Possibly someone can help me with details fpr building up a DIY cabinet as near by the originals as possible...

Thx in anticipation from Germany

Zifnab

If you have access to measuring the inside dimensions of the cabinets once the drivers are removed, that should give you some information on how large the outside dimensions should be.  You'll be "reverse engineering" the cabinet, basically.  It will also depend on how the front baffle is done on the Forte....meaning is it set into a "dado" on the 4 sides of the cabinet which would set it back some, etc.  You just have to take into consideration all of those points.  

Do you own a tape measure?  Are you building these cabinets or is someone else?  If you already have a cabinet in not-so-good shape, that's pretty much all you need to get the measurements.

Hello,

thanks for the notes, but the shape is not really the problem.

My current DIY cabinet does not compares in high, wide and depth exactly to the original klipsch cabinet, so i cannot use that one as bluprint for my new cabinets.

I simply needed the measures from an original cabinet for rebuilding a proper new one by my own, and yes i m building this cabinets by my own.

But thanks to isotopesope

Good information in the Link to Forte2 - because someone told Forte1 and Forte2 are equal and someone other linked the measures exactly :-)

I measure my Forte II as

31.0 cm deep

42.0 cm wide

81.3 cm high (we are leaving out the base riser)

The setback of the front motor board is 0.6 cm

The board thickness, best I can measure, is 1.8 cm which is 0.71 inches

Great, thats all i need , so i can build my new one in 1,8cm birch laminated timber.

Zifnab

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zifnab said:

Hello,

thanks for the notes, but the shape is not really the problem.

My current DIY cabinet does not compares in high, wide and depth exactly to the original klipsch cabinet, so i cannot use that one as bluprint for my new cabinets.

I simply needed the measures from an original cabinet for rebuilding a proper new one by my own, and yes i m building this cabinets by my own.

But thanks to isotopesope

Good information in the Link to Forte2 - because someone told Forte1 and Forte2 are equal and someone other linked the measures exactly :-)

I measure my Forte II as

31.0 cm deep

42.0 cm wide

81.3 cm high (we are leaving out the base riser)

The setback of the front motor board is 0.6 cm

The board thickness, best I can measure, is 1.8 cm which is 0.71 inches

Great, thats all i need , so i can build my new one in 1,8cm birch laminated timber.

Zifnab

https://f072605def1c9a5ef179-a0bc3fbf1884fc0965506ae2b946e1cd.ssl.cf2.rackcdn.com/product-specsheets/forte-brochure.pdf