Rp250s work with kl650 thx?

dan1210

Hi guys, i may have asked a similar question to this before but here goes...now my house build is finally coming to an end i am now financially in a position to finish the cinema room. I currently have 5 x kl650 speakers for my lcr and back surrounds but here in the uk the ks525 is very difficult to get hold of at a fair price. The klipsch rp250s is half the price and easier to find. Would the rp surrounds ‘timbre match’ the ultra line?

Cheers!

I have owned a few of the RP series speakers and currently own the Ultras. 

I don’t think you would any problems using the RP250s with the Ultra line but I would use the RP’s as the back surrounds and have the 650’s function as your primary surrounds. 

Be sure to post photos of your theater room when you are finished. We love photos! 

If you want the WDST surrounds those would work well but if u have 5 or the others already....2 more of those same might be better.

If cost is the issue you can easily get by with ANY klipsch bookshelf speaker as a back surround.  Even a rb51 would be fine the spl levels from the backs are fairly very taxing unless your back channels are very far away.

For resale purposes I don't know if someone will want anything that doesn't match the series the 5 others are in.