R-41SA vs R-14M/R-15M Bookshelf speakers

dimanata2007

I'm running 5.1 and looking to add 2 front Atmos speakers and have my eyes set on just released R-41SA.

The only issue with these speakers is $400 price and so for a I haven't seen even a single used pair, but hopefully they gonna go on sale in a few months. The other option is to get a pair of used R-14/15M for $120-150, spend another $30-50 and mount them on the wall via adjustable wall mounts.

I like the R-41SA design and key hole on the back, they sure would look cleaner and more "high tech" vs small bookshelfs, but apart from the looks, does it make sense to pay extra for the R-41SA or save $200 and go with small bookshelf speakers? My room is 12x16, 8 ft ceiling and the main sitting is about 12 ft away from the front wall. Ceiling Atmos speakers is not an option 

I'm not sure I like that crossover frequency on the new one, or the fact they aren't showing the frequency response at all.  The last version has plenty of used and I'm not sure why a crossover of 4000+, vs 2000, is ever desirable.  Directivity control of a woofer between 2k and 4k seems impossible to me.  It makes it seem these atmos speakers use poor components.    

It seems to me a speaker is a speaker and the avr controls the levels and response of the speaker i.e. why buy a speaker with such weak capabilities?

Imho, klipsch is making money selling a cheap speaker with an angled cabinet as atmos.  I see no reason why an r14m or rb41 or thereabouts set at an angle won't do the same and more.  

I'm a big klipsch fan but not a blind one so I try to give an unvarnished opinion.  Just my 2c.  

I understand no in ceiling speakers what about a shallow cabinet speaker mounted on the ceiling?