first real world pics of the new ref premier gear

Paducah Home Theater

10 minutes ago, RoboKlipsch said:

MLP maybe u have some insights to share on the new numbering?

They did it on purpose to differentiate things.  It's not my favorite idea since it is backwards but there's got to be someway to differentiate.  Some are even the same finish, like walnut and piano black.  So how do you differentiate the old walnut RP-450C with the new walnut equivalent with all the upgrades?  It would be a mess no matter what they did but they can't really call it the same thing.  I just don't like it because that's not how we describe things at least in English.  We know intuitively that a 450C has four 5" woofers.  You now have to think about what a 504C means.  I'm sure we'll memorize it eventually but still, right now it's pretty awkward.  

• Thanks 2

Thanks I appreciate the insight.

I was a fan of say 450ciii....seemed concise and easy to follow.  If someone looks for a used 504c they won't realize a 450c is the earlier model.  

Whatever they do consistency from version to version seems not only welcome but required.

Sometimes I wish a CEO actually just fixed these kinds of issues.  "Our customers can't look back and easily follow the evolution of our speaker lines.  I want it fixed and never again any lack of clarity on what each number means...."

I guess the little I know about the man behind this all - Paul Klipsch -- tells me he would look me in the eye and say you are absolutely right who created this bxxxxxxxx?  

Again, I very much look forward to the new technology as the rp line was a big jump imo.  

1 hour ago, -js- said:

is it bad when I get a smile on my face looking at the shrink wrapped skids of products?  no, of course not.  

:)  that's why I do it.  This particular one freaked me out a little though, Klipsch sent me twice what I ordered.  Just realized that a ton of other stuff is set up to be twice what I ordered as well.  It is enough to make my eyeballs widen, I'll just say that.  

• Haha 1

no kidding!  I need a space like this!  if only I could get it without the "overhead" involved...  😯  nice looking place you have there sir.  if we ever venture outdoors & up your way, MUST work in a visit.  I know you're dying for stamps of approval from forum members 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

:)  that's why I do it.  This particular one freaked me out a little though, Klipsch sent me twice what I ordered.  Just realized that a ton of other stuff is set up to be twice what I ordered as well.  It is enough to make my eyeballs widen, I'll just say that.  

um, yeah I can imagine... I would be picturing the invoice for all that stock, and killing myself to get to the phone to call "my guy"

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

Yeah it's pretty nice.  :)  

Very impressive, hope it's going great for you, because you deserve it with the hours you put in to make it work.

• Like 2

Regarding the numbering - it seems to me this is consistent with the older numbering:

RF82 : Reference Floorstander - 8 inch - 2 woofers

RB61 : Reference Bookshelf - 6 inch - 1 woofer

RP504c : Reference Premiere - 5 inch - 4 woofers - Center

jef

Edited by JefDC
  • Like 1

I like the Parasound naming convention myself.  When they have a minor update but don't really change the underlying product as in this case, they just put a V2 or V3 at the end of it.  So you have the 2250.  It gets updated, it's the 2250 V2.  Same with Emotiva.  You've got the XPA-5 but the latest ones have a Gen 3 at the end of it.  Simple. 

• Like 1

Hi all - not trying to hijack the thread - I've been doing some searching over the past couple weeks and I'm glad someone is addressing the new RP line, as I've had some questions...so...if it's ok to ask here:

Does anyone know if this new RP line is going to be timbre matched to the old RP line? I have a set of RP-160m's for my mains and I'm worried that I have to hustle to purchase an RP-450c or RP-250c center before they all go out of stock everywhere - will the new RP centers be timbre matched to my mains? Or...are they using different components to where this would not be advisable?

Thanks!

T

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tylersmith said:

Hi all - not trying to hijack the thread - I've been doing some searching over the past couple weeks and I'm glad someone is addressing the new RP line, as I've had some questions...so...if it's ok to ask here:

Does anyone know if this new RP line is going to be timbre matched to the old RP line? I have a set of RP-160m's for my mains and I'm worried that I have to hustle to purchase an RP-450c or RP-250c center before they all go out of stock everywhere - will the new RP centers be timbre matched to my mains? Or...are they using different components to where this would not be advisable?

Thanks!

T

MLO who is posting the pictures is a Klipsch distributor so you can trust whatever he says about it 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1