first real world pics of the new ref premier gear

Paducah Home Theater

On 8/27/2018 at 11:44 AM, texasnavy05 said:

So, can we expect a price drop for the previous rp line? Or not for a while?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I wouldn't expect too much more on top of current street prices, most smart retailers are already mostly out and Klipsch is definitely out of some of the popular items like 280F's, hard to have a clearance sale on a bunch of stuff that you don't have.  :) 

On 8/24/2018 at 11:16 AM, tylersmith said:

Does anyone know if this new RP line is going to be timbre matched to the old RP line? I have a set of RP-160m's for my mains and I'm worried that I have to hustle to purchase an RP-450c or RP-250c center before they all go out of stock everywhere - will the new RP centers be timbre matched to my mains? Or...are they using different components to where this would not be advisable?

It should work just fine.  The only significant thing that's being changed on the sound is that the new tweeter is vented, which is supposed to make it more linear.  That's about it.  I don't think there's any significant changes in terms of where the crossover is or changing the level of the tweeter or whatever.  The finish is a different story, you may want to grab the current style just so the finish matches.  The new ones have a matte black baffle instead of the brushed vinyl, and the veneer on the side has grayish silverish streaks instead of purple-ish burgundy-ish like the old ebony.  Looks quite a bit different although the basic shape is the same.  I'd be much more worried about that than the sound.  I grabbed a few extra 450C's recently for situations like this.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MetropolisLakeOutfitters said:

It should work just fine.  The only significant thing that's being changed on the sound is that the new tweeter is vented, which is supposed to make it more linear.  That's about it.  I don't think there's any significant changes in terms of where the crossover is or changing the level of the tweeter or whatever.  The finish is a different story, you may want to grab the current style just so the finish matches.  The new ones have a matte black baffle instead of the brushed vinyl, and the veneer on the side has grayish silverish streaks instead of purple-ish burgundy-ish like the old ebony.  Looks quite a bit different although the basic shape is the same.  I'd be much more worried about that than the sound.  I grabbed a few extra 450C's recently for situations like this.  

So... I posted my question here and then (luckily) convinced the wife to let me make the purchase on the existing 450c (cherry) which I ordered from a local Magnolia later that evening - so things worked out! Should be here in 3 weeks. 

Good to have an answer to this question tho for sure - appreciate your help MLO!

T