College football 2018

jimjimbo

On 8/23/2018 at 1:14 PM, CECAA850 said:

The sad thing is that there's not a single college team that could even come close to beating the Browns

It used to be a regular occurrence for College All Star teams to play NFL teams with some very large crowds to watch. Matter of fact, in 1963 one such team, coached by the great Otto Graham, beat the Green Bay Packers 20-17. So yes, college teams have beaten NFL teams before. The college teams won 9 such games actually. In some of the Browns games I've watched, just about any good college team could have won.

9 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

It used to be a regular occurrence for College All Star teams to play NFL teams with some very large crowds to watch. Matter of fact, in 1963 one such team, coached by the great Otto Graham, beat the Green Bay Packers 20-17. So yes, college teams have beaten NFL teams before. The college teams won 9 such games actually. In some of the Browns games I've watched, just about any good college team could have won.

A lot has changed in the last 45 years.

9 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

It's amazing that this is actually a debate.  Another OPINION

That article is ten years out of date.  College linemen are bigger stronger faster than ten years ago.  It may be true that all college teams have a weakness but it's also true, so do the Browns.  A LOT of them.  B)

This debate crops up every few years that we have a winless NFL team and a dominant college team.  We'll never know who would win because they don't play each other.

10 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Let me tell you, this town (South Bend) is rockin' with energy this weekend.  Really unlike anything I've seen or heard in the last 5 years or so.....

Jimbo

This could be your year if Patterson works out. Defense pretty much in tact from last year.

Tonights game vs Notre Dame will tell a lot about the team. Looking forward to it.

15 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Let me tell you, this town (South Bend) is rockin' with energy this weekend.  Really unlike anything I've seen or heard in the last 5 years or so.....

There's a lot of pressure for both of these teams to do well this year. Harbaugh's job may be on the line.