College football 2018

jimjimbo

Blue and gold are the school colors, as demonstrated by the lyrics of their alma mater.

Notre Dame Our Mother, tender strong and true,

proudly in the heavens gleams thy gold and blue,

glory's mantle cloaks thee, golden is thy fame,

and our hearts forever praise thee, Notre Dame,

and our hearts forever love thee, Notre Dame.

A haw haw haw haw....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

I like me some screaming Cookie Monster!!! LSU taking Miami to the woodshed.

How did Joe Burrow look?  He's one heck of a nice QB and a good kid too.  Hated to see him leave Ohio State but can't blame him a bit.  He's better than a #3 QB.

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, jimjimbo said:

Let's start off the season with a truly disgraceful decision by Ohio State to simply suspend Urban Meyer.  Pathetic.  If they found enough to suspend him, he should have been fired.  Period.

And this has nothing to do with my allegiance to Michigan.  I would say the same thing if it were anyone else, but it's not.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2792270-urban-meyers-suspension-shows-ohio-state-values-winning-more-than-morality?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Jim,

There are a crap ton of police that are supposed to testify against the wife that she is lying. Your going to loo-00se!  :D

Roger

• Moderators
13 hours ago, twistedcrankcammer said:

Jim,

There are a crap ton of police that are supposed to testify against the wife that she is lying. Your going to loo-00se!  :D

Roger

What am I missing?  Testify in what?  I think the only thing that is pending is a criminal trespass charge against Smith when he allegedly violated a protective order. 

What else is pending where cops would testify?

There is a long timeline so it is hard to keep up with what is current and what dates back to '09.

What looks to be fairly certain is that Zach Smith is forever done at OSU, and probably college coaching.

He seems to be his own worst enemy, imploding on a regular basis on social media.

Then he has these issues to deal with:

"Aug. 3, 2018: Shortly after Meyer's statement and Smith's interview, McMurphy tweetswhat he says is a text exchange between Courtney and Zach Smith. In it, Courtney appears to remind her ex-husband that he attempted to strangle her during a vacation trip to Mexico in March 2015 and then attacked her in April of that year. Zach Smith appears to confirm the incidents and then apologizes.

And then there is this:

"Aug. 17, 2018: Courtney Smith, via a McMurphy report, alleges ex-husband Zach Smith of taking pictures of himself receiving oral sex and having sex with a former Ohio State staff member in Ohio State coaches’ offices, as well as taking photos of his penis inside the coaches' office and again inside the White House (when the Buckeyes visited after winning the 2014 College Football Playoff national championship). Receipts from the report show Zach Smith ordered more than $2,200 worth of sex toys, male apparel and photography equipment between February 2015 and May 2015."

It sounds like there is a significant paper trail on Smith having erratic and bizarre behavior seperate and apart from domestic violence allegations involving.his ex-wife. 

It will be interesting to see what Smith's next move will be.

1 hour ago, dwilawyer said:

It will be interesting to see what Smith's next move will be.

Smith is still going after the former ESPN reporter after his twitter rant last week where he totally lost it.  His coaching career is done from what I've seen and read.  The he/she said ordeal still continues...  Too bad it's Earle Bruce's grandson who was involvd (Smith).  That's prolly the only thing that kept him in coaching.  That decision was on Urban, but for those calling for his head on a stick in OSU's Buckeye Grove just south of the stadium is  moot now.  Only one on the Board of Trustees resigned over the decision and he just said he didn't think the 3-game punishment was enough so resigned.  The panel investigating all of it and the Trustees made the decision whether it be right or wrong.  It's done.  Haters gonna hate whether it's Nick, Jim, Urban, Tom Herman or someone else...  

2 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Smith is still going after the former ESPN reporter after his twitter rant last week where he totally lost it.  His coaching career is done from what I've seen and read.  The he/she said ordeal still continues...  Too bad it's Earle Bruce's grandson who was involvd (Smith).  That's prolly the only thing that kept him in coaching.  That decision was on Urban, but for those calling for his head on a stick in OSU's Buckeye Grove just south of the stadium is  moot now.  Only one on the Board of Trustees resigned over the decision and he just said he didn't think the 3-game punishment was enough so resigned.  The panel investigating all of it and the Trustees made the decision whether it be right or wrong.  It's done.  Haters gonna hate whether it's Nick, Jim, Urban, Tom Herman or someone else...  

No collusion!  Witch hunt!  Let's get back to the games this past week end.  This was the best week for many of the ranked schools to loose.  There is plenty of time to climb back up in the polls.  Week 2 will tell the real problems some of these teams have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

The trustees of the Bishop estate that controls the Kamehameha schools in Hawaii have been corrupt for years too.  So what exactly is your point about the trustees?

They did the voting soooooo...

1 hour ago, derrickdj1 said:

No collusion!  Witch hunt!  Let's get back to the games this past week end.  This was the best week for many of the ranked schools to loose.  There is plenty of time to climb back up in the polls.  Week 2 will tell the real problems some of these teams have.

You're exactly right!  It always sorts! 

Back to football, it looks like another overrated Florida team (repetition of terms?) is getting an early clock cleaning.  What is it with the pollsters who insist Florida teams are worthy?  It reminds me of highly ranked FSU barely beating unranked teams, some even requiring overtime, yet still holding a high ranking.  Follow the money?

• Like 2

• Moderators
On 9/2/2018 at 7:39 PM, oldtimer said:

Blue and gold are the school colors, as demonstrated by the lyrics of their alma mater.

Notre Dame Our Mother, tender strong and true,

proudly in the heavens gleams thy gold and blue,

glory's mantle cloaks thee, golden is thy fame,

and our hearts forever praise thee, Notre Dame,

and our hearts forever love thee, Notre Dame.

A haw haw haw haw....

But they got the ok to play in them again (even the opener) and they just looks so darn good.  I miss the change at half time and come from behind wins.

Travis

1892917.jpg.0.jpg

apcacunrr_usc_notre_dame_1acf4-lg.jpg

notre-dame-alternate-uniform-594x356.jpg

images.jpeg

• Like 1