College football 2018

jimjimbo

Texas looking good!  TCU falling apart.

Ohio State has 33 points as of the 3rd quarter and OSU D-fense has two touchdowns and their special teams blocked a punt.  Except for the turnovers TCU has looked like the better team all night.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cincymat said:

Chris Fowler is a dumda$$.  Does he even see the game he's being paid to watch?

Regarding what, his assurance to us that there was targeting? Instant replay reversed the call.  (I'm watching two games on two TV's, the TCU game and the Texas game) 

If so, I'm with you.  When a defensive player glances his facemask off a runner while making a tackle, that's not targeting.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Regarding what, his assurance to us that there was targeting? Instant replay reversed the call.  (I'm watching two games on two TV's, the TCU game and the Texas game) 

If so, I'm with you.  When a defensive player glances his facemask off a runner while making a tackle, that's not targeting.

No, I was referring to his OSU hasn’t scored an offensive TD right after Paris Campbell just scored one. 

I guess broadcasters can have bad games too...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jeff Matthews said:

That was sarcasm.  Notice the 😜?  TCU is playing Ohio St - not A & M.

Yes, I noticed that. The glory days of the past at Ohio State are apparently over with. I wish the Tide played them next week.

The Horned Frogs are giving gave the game away.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cincymat said:

Ok, the Buckeyes managed to be ugly and win 40 to 28.

Guess I miss those 10 to 9 games from the 70's 

I miss the old days too. Big games. Big grins and big disappointments. Unlike the Tide game tonight. They played everyone on the bench. When they put in 2 cheerleaders and a tuba player I changed channels.

• Haha 2

Let's just crown Ohio State Big10 champs. Ain't nobody gonna stop them this year.

Wisconsin loses to BYU. Northwestern loses to Akron, Rutgers loses by 40points. Purdue and Nebraska are winless. Illinois is Illinois. Maryland loses to Temple. 

On a positive note, Minnesota is undefeated.

PSU, MU,and Iowa are where they should be.

MSU gets a useless bye in week 3.

3 hours ago, EmilC said:

Let's just crown Ohio State Big10 champs. Ain't nobody gonna stop them this year.

I don't think I'd give them the Big 10 trophy just yet, I thought they looked vulnerable.  TCU's defense pushed them around last night and if not for the Buckeye defense scoring two touchdowns Ohio State might easily have lost that game. 

Penn State looked awful the first week but they've bounced back nicely so far.  Michigan is not as bad as some would think and now seems to have righted the offensive ship, gaining some rhythm and confidence with a couple of wins.

Alabama looks unstoppable right now and Notre Dame has a weak schedule remaining.  For the rest of the unbeatens it's going to be hard to go through the season without a further loss.

3 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I don't think I'd give them the Big 10 trophy just yet, I thought they looked vulnerable.  TCU's defense pushed them around last night and if not for the Buckeye defense scoring two touchdowns Ohio State might easily have lost that game. 

Penn State looked awful the first week but they've bounced back nicely so far.  Michigan is not as bad as some would think and now seems to have righted the offensive ship, gaining some rhythm and confidence with a couple of wins.

With most of PSUs weapons from last year now in the NFL, there are plenty of question marks at those positions.

The good is that the Lions will be at home under White Out conditions. Always a tough environment for the opposition. Always brings out the best  in the Lions. 

MU and MSU play OSU in Columbus. I don't see them losing at home.

While others go thru a period of rebuilding, teams like OSU, Alabama, Clemson reload.

Got to give them credit for it

• Like 4

The weekly AP Poll is just out: 1-Alabama, 2-Georgia (up from 3), 3-Clemson (down from 2), 4-Ohio State, 5-Oklahoma, 6-LSU (up from 12) 7-Stanford (up from 9), 8-Notre Dame, 9-Auburn (down from 7), 10-Penn State (up from 11). Additionally, 17-TCU (Down from 15), 18-Wisconsin (down from 6), 19-Michigan, 24-Michigan State (up from 25).

Yesterday the Big Ten was 6-7 against 13 non-conference opponents. The seven opponents that defeated Big Ten teams are (in alphabetical order): Akron, BYU, Kansas, Missouri, South Florida, Temple and Troy. All seven of these non-conference winners were unranked. My good friend Lee Caryer is reporting that this has never before happened in the history of the Associated Press poll (first year 1936).

With most of PSUs weapons from last year now in the NFL, there are plenty of question marks at those positions.
The good is that the Lions will be at home under White Out conditions. Always a tough environment for the opposition. Always brings out the best  in the Lions. 
MU and MSU play OSU in Columbus. I don't see them losing at home.

While others go thru a period of rebuilding, teams like OSU, Alabama, Clemson reload.
Got to give them credit for it

MU?

WVU is +2  into 12th after having its game with NC State washed out by hurricane Florence.  Wisconsin dropped an astounding 12 places to 18th after a loss to BYU.

The biggest winner was Oklahoma State which jumped 9 spots into 15th and LSU which jumped 6 spots into 6th.  It's much harder to make big jumps the closer to the top you are, good job LSU.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings