College football 2018

jimjimbo

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

He lives in Austin.  Take a guess.

Not a Texas fan.

Used to be a big Tech fan, law school study partner was their head coach.

One Uncle went to A&M, ho hum, bunch of cousins went to UT, Womens, UNT, UT Richardson, SMU, ACU, BU, SFA, TSU,  and TCU.

The two teams I have routed for last 10 or so years are TCU and Rice (cousins go there and we attend).

Hate anything and everything OK, so . . .

Go Tech

Go Army

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

It's kind of like the logic of a kung fu movie (another Shaw Brothers presentation).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Eagle

"The university's official response to the confusion between the Tigers mascot and the War Eagle battle cry is, "We are the Tigers who say 'War Eagle.'"

Apparently they don't have much of a marketing, public relations or communications program there.

Just now, dwilawyer said:

"The university's official response to the confusion between the Tigers mascot and the War Eagle battle cry is, "We are the Tigers who say 'War Eagle.'"

Apparently they don't have much of a marketing, public relations or communications program there.

Ironically the guy I knew from there was great at PR and communications.  He has passed on at way too young of age, but we had some great laughs back in the day.

nah, I'm right with you.  We are the knights who say ni, not those army knights.  Think about it.  The US Army academy not only has a mule for a mascot, which is fine, and could or should even be a reference to Marius' Mules from the days of the republic of Rome, but calls itself the black knights, which is a reference to royalty and service to royalty in a country that was founded on resistance to and abhorrence of royalty.  

OK wins by 7 in OT.  Great job Army!  I wonder if OK will fall in the rankings after this?  Army outplayed them, had more yards total including 335 rushing!

Kentucky is now 4-0, 2-0 in the SEC and has beaten ranked opponents two weeks in a row.  Welcome to the top 25.

WEEK 5

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Not much movement in the top ten but lots of movement in 11-25 with 5 new teams breaking in and WVU the only 11-25 team not moving at all.

Oklahoma's OT win over Army cost them a place as it should, down to 6th.  My Mountaineers stood pat at 12th and as I predicted Kentucky jumped into the national rankings, breaking in at 17th.  Texas was right behind them going from unranked to 18th.

After the Wolverines had a shaky first week they have now have seemingly righted the ship jumping 5 spots into 14th.

I told you so.  B)

• Like 1

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/26/penn-states-rasheed-walker-arrested-on-misdemeanor-theft-charges/

Revoke his scholarship and send him on his way IMHO.

Am I being too harsh?  What about the student, and I would guess not on scholarship but who took out student loans,  could have lost his bike and would have needed to purchase a new one?

Unbelievable sense of entitlement and total disregard for someone else's property

The entitlement part I can understand. Not uncommon for young athletes in major sports programs. Its the total disregard of someone else's property that raises a red flag for me.

The kid is a 4 star freshman offensive lineman. Curious how this plays out.

In a nutshell....

Walker, 18, allegedly took the mountain bike, valued at $150, and disposed of it near his residence building because he did not feel like walking back to his residence building that day.

Knew this a couple of days ago but........

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Swinney-responds-to-Bryant-transferring-slap-in-the-face-comment-30925

So Bryant was "all about the team" and all that as the coach was quoted in another earlier story that circulated.

Bull, he got pis$y and abandoned his teammates because he couldn't do as good as the new guy!

A good teammate would strive to get better, produce more. Kids. Entitled kids.

And yeah I know his backstory from the last few years, he did overcome a lot.

"See Ya, Ha Ha"

Check their schedules, aren't they in the same conference?  I would imagine they would rather play them a little bit into next year....This is exactly what Washington and Adams warned against.  It is bad for football to have only 2 dominant teams...

OK, I checked and it doesn't appear they meet in the regular season.

• Haha 1