College football 2018

jimjimbo

30 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:
1 hour ago, cincymat said:

Whoops, what’s up with the Wolverines?

I don' know, but Harbaugh might want to call his movers to start packing.

The offense went away.  Michigan could use some consistency on offense.  I still think they will win this but they aren't going to score any style points.

1 hour ago, jimjimbo said:

Don't think I would have wanted to be in that locker room at halftime.....

Let's go Blue!  (and Gold)

+++

Edit: Good comeback Mich!  Gotta give that win to the Woverine D!  QB Patterson made a lot of intelligent decisions in leading the offense in the second half.

Notre Dame turned out to be better than I expected.  They have a weak schedule the rest of the way and should go undefeated.

Ohio State and Penn State was a great game.

Despite the loss of two teams above them, Stanford and Penn State, I don't expect my #12 Mountaineers to jump either of them in the polls. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JBCODD said:

It's baseball season!

One game left inna regular season,  Brewers and Cubs tied for division. Dodgers and Rockies tied for division.

Playoff possibilities are endless. There's only one October!

Then start another thread

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Notre Dame turned out to be better than I expected.  They have a weak schedule the rest of the way and should go undefeated.

Ohio State and Penn State was a great game.

Despite the loss of two teams above them, Stanford and Penn State, I don't expect my #12 Mountaineers to jump either of them in the polls. 

Notre Dame seems like a different team after their QB switch. They played well last night.

I think Penn St let one slip away.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, dwilawyer said:

Clemson, holy cow, Trevor L fumbles, and leaves game before halftime.

Travis Etienne, the team, and the third QB saved the day!!!

Coach Swinney mucked this whole season up, Bryant has not transferred from Clemson yet.

Stay tuned, QB Trevor in a dark room for days now.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Then start another thread

But then I couldn't feed my ego by being the "Voice in the Wilderness"

All mooing aside, I grew up a Norte Dame and Noo Yawk Giants fan, but the way football damages the best athletes the nation produces kind of took some of the pleasure out of the spectacle.  🤕   I still watch the Giants when I can, but lately they disappoint.

Knock, Knock

Who's there?

Owen......

Owen who?

0 and two!

And after my first son went to Ohio State for his post grad work, I don't mind if the once hated Buckeyes succeed.

-So long as they don't beat Norte Dame.  😂

• Like 1

• Moderators
6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

Travis Etienne, the team, and the third QB saved the day!!!

Coach Swinney mucked this whole season up, Bryant has not transferred from Clemson yet.

Stay tuned, QB Trevor in a dark room for days now.

I think he announced so it is done, maybe wrong.  His deadline was during the week.  You don't actually transfer schools until after spring.  They are obligated to pay the full academic rise for the year.

However, I heard he already graduated from Clemson, (coach referred to him as a ,"graduate" in an interview, so he may be working on a masters.

He can transfer pretty much anywhere he wants and end up with another masters degree from Stanford, Rice, USC, Michigan, wherever,  I think he is also free now, if he wants, to explore supplementary draft.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, JBCODD said:

But then I couldn't feed my ego by being the "Voice in the Wilderness"

All mooing aside, I grew up a Norte Dame and Noo Yawk Giants fan, but the way football damages the best athletes the nation produces kind of took some of the pleasure out of the spectacle.  🤕   I still watch the Giants when I can, but lately they disappoint.

Knock, Knock

Who's there?

Owen......

Owen who?

0 and two!

And after my first son went to Ohio State for his post grad work, I don't mind if the once hated Buckeyes succeed.

-So long as they don't beat Norte Dame.  😂

The NY Giants?  Seriously?  Oh, FB Giants, I thought you might be be 90 for a second.

• Haha 1

+++++ WEEK 6 +++++

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Well, I was wrong again.  WVU moved up 3 spots in one poll and 4 in the other after beating Texas Tech at their place.  I didn't think they would move from 12th.  Mountaineers sit in 9th and 8th.  They jumped Penn State, Stanford which dropped SEVEN places and Washington.

Fellow Big 12'er Oklahoma continues to fall, this week down one to seventh.  Ohio State and Clemson swapped the 3/4 spots, who cares.  Michigan dropped a spot after struggling to beat Northwestern.  They are still a respectable 15th.

The team WVU was supposed to play in Week 3 was 4-0 NC State currently in 23rd.  That now canceled game was rained out by hurricane Florence.

There are five new teams in the top 25 which were previously unranked. 

Any other surprises?  Any good matchups next week?

• Like 2