College football 2018

jimjimbo

2 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Noon EST tomorrow will likely be one of the most important, and hopefully, most exciting games of the year for Michigan and Michigan State.  As usual, most people think the UM/OSU game is the big one, but I have to disagree.  Win or lose, this game will shape the rest of the season for the Wolverines and Coach Harbaugh.

Go Blue!

Jim @jimjimbo is this game being played in the Big House? I think about the only way MSU can win is if it's a home game for them. Michigan is playing well, and will be hard to beat at home.

• Like 1

It's in East Lansing.

My fist Michigan State vs Michigan game was in 1966 during my senior year in high school.  The game was in Spartan Stadium.  A friend of mine, from our high school football team, got student tickets through his cousin.  More than 78,000 watched MSU defeat Michigan 20-7.  We sat on the field in the area now frequently filled with photographers.

The most memorable part was meeting Bubba in the locker room after the game. Our running back was being recruited by MSU.  He and our coach were being given the royal treatment.  Our coach was kind enough to invite my friend (who later played football at NAVY) and me to tag along.  The MSU staff assumed we were being recruited also; we didn't disabuse them of that notion.  The image of Tody Smith sitting on Bubba's knee, with both wearing nothing more than jock straps, is etched in my brain.  As we were introduced, I shook Bubba's huge hand. 

GO GREEN!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Noon EST tomorrow will likely be one of the most important, and hopefully, most exciting games of the year for Michigan and Michigan State.  As usual, most people think the UM/OSU game is the big one, but I have to disagree.  Win or lose, this game will shape the rest of the season for the Wolverines and Coach Harbaugh.

Go Blue!

Watching the game streaming at 4:15 AM Sunday Tokyo time. Green injuries abound but both defenses are playing well. Being green for 45 years I relish in little Jimmy getting beat!

Tough loss @DizRotus  Jim  on your case a bit man?

Put the hammer down.  Crush them.

Go Blue

Sparty has a grand total of 93 yards on offense for the game.

Michigan D.

Go Blue!

I'll try to keep him in check a bit for ya brother...  Although "on any given day..."  Oh yea, just noticed 2017 hasn't been added...   :)

23316465_1504460922963333_4905119703112099384_n.png