College football 2018

jimjimbo

7 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

I'm predicting OSU will drop to around number 12.

I don't think they fall ten places but they did get drubbed pretty badly by a Boilermaker team with a mediocre record.  Last week Georgia dropped six places from #2 into eighth.

I say they drop 7.  Ohio State is the darling of the coaches and media, so put them in 9th.

8 hours ago, derrickdj1 said:

Now, OSU will play the spoiler after loosing to Purdue.  Michigan needs to win out to get into the top 4.  I'm predicting OSU will drop to around number 12.

Even winning out won't get Michigan into the top 4 unless one of the top 3 fails. I think OSU will remain in the top 10.

16 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

Even winning out won't get Michigan into the top 4 unless one of the top 3 fails. I think OSU will remain in the top 10.

A week ago LSU jumped 8 places to get ranked above Mich which only jumped 6 places so who is ranked where is still pretty subjective.  There are a bunch of one-loss teams vying for that #4 playoff spot right now including Georgia, Oklahoma and Texas.

Up to now we have been talking about the opinions of the Coaches and AP polls.  The first FBS rankings come out in a week or so and the FBS committee has been known to go its own way.

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Pretty classless act by both teams, Harbaugh's player Bush was bush league. They should've booted him out of the game right there.

Emotions in motion.  I couldn't agree more with you. We are rewarding the youth and many adults these days for behavior like this and it doesn't help with the conditioning cycle for the norms and values of the future.   If a 10 year old acted this way on a field, most parents would be appalled, yet somehow even college sports are embracing this BS.  That staffer or whoever he was should have taken his belt off.....now that would have brought them out of the woodwork.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ceptorman said:

Pretty classless act by both teams, Harbaugh's player Bush was bush league. They should've booted him out of the game right there.

=== you can’t just boot him from the game. The NFL players union would surely protest and litigate the decision - oh,, I forget this is amateur college ball, not Pro. Yeah right — 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wvu80 said:

A week ago LSU jumped 8 places to get ranked above Mich which only jumped 6 places so who is ranked where is still pretty subjective.  There are a bunch of one-loss teams vying for that #4 playoff spot right now including Georgia, Oklahoma and Texas.

Up to now we have been talking about the opinions of the Coaches and AP polls.  The first FBS rankings come out in a week or so and the FBS committee has been known to go its own way.

Seems like they should just take the top 4 ranked teams, but politics have to come into play. Since OSU lost, surely ND will climb to #3, I have a feeling they might get overlooked, even if they win out.

• Sad 1

2018 College Football Rankings - Week 8

5 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I say they drop 7.  Ohio State is the darling of the coaches and media, so put them in 9th.

I know you're not supposed to quote yourself, but in West Virginia we have a saying, "sometimes even a blind squirrel finds a nut."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

Ohio State, Oregon and NC State all dropped 7-10-7 pretty much as expected.  Washington State jumped +8, Michigan went up 2 to fifth.  Everyone else was relatively stable.

• Like 1