College football 2018

jimjimbo

Week 10 Polls

This will be the last time we'll probably discuss polls.  The CFP rankings come out on Tuesday.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings

+++

The bottom of the Coaches poll found seven new teams into the top 25!  That's unusual for this late in the season.  Texas got killed in the rankings dropping 9 spots after a 3 point loss to OK State.

Alabama and LSU play this coming week possibly for the #1 seed.  If LSU wins I doubt Alabama would drop further than 4th.  That means if you're a Michigan fan you want LSU to lose and then you control your own destiny into the playoffs.

My Mountaineers climbed one to #12 in the AP but are 10th in the Coach's poll.

I believe the Coach's poll.  B)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Saturday night in Death Valley. #1 Alabama vs #3 LSU. It doesn't get much better than that if you are a college football fan. Who ya got winning this thing? I'm thinking Bama by 2 TDs, but lets hear from you experts out there. :)

I won't be watching but my son and daughter in law will be at the game.  Her father is a season ticket holder and lives in Baton Rouge.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

Saturday night in Death Valley. #1 Alabama vs #3 LSU. It doesn't get much better than that if you are a college football fan. Who ya got winning this thing? I'm thinking Bama by 2 TDs, but lets hear from you experts out there. :)

My guess is it will be closer than that but I think the betting line is close to 2 TD's in favor of 'Bama.

If Alabama wins big Michigan would be able to control their own destiny into the playoffs.  We should all be aware that the last few years when it looked like the top four were a solid lock, there were upsets, so never say never.

On 8/26/2018 at 1:00 PM, EmilC said:

Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan State.

Is there a tougher conference than the BIG10 this year?

Ah, yes. Pretty week conference this year.

Even if Michigan wins the rest of their games, do they have the strength of schedule to make it to the playoffs?

Go Lions Blue!

1 hour ago, EmilC said:

Even if Michigan wins the rest of their games, do they have the strength of schedule to make it to the playoffs?

IMO, the answer is yes.  But first Michigan has to beat PSU and OSU.    Beating the Buckeyes in Columbus — or anywhere else — is something Harbaugh has never done.

• Like 1

Should be a wild ride for everyone in the B1G.  Jim's gonna be really hungry when they hit Cbus but we'll see just what shakes.  IMO this is the best year they've had in a while.  Buckeye D-backs are young and it shows, coupled w/the loss of Nick Bosa on the D-line the rest of the team has to step up somehow.  Lotta ball left.  Entire day today is gonna be great so I'm settling in!  On any given day!  

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

I’ll be rooting for Northwestern against Notre Dame.  Brian Kelly is my least favorite coach in college football.  I expect ND to prevail over NU, but hope they don’t.

Even though I am a ND fan, I'm not much of a Kelly fan. I think he has a very good coaching staff around him.

• Like 1