College football 2018

jimjimbo

5 hours ago, EmilC said:

Ah, yes. Pretty week conference this year.

Even if Michigan wins the rest of their games, do they have the strength of schedule to make it to the playoffs?

Go Lions Blue!

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

IMO, the answer is yes.  But first Michigan has to beat PSU and OSU.    Beating the Buckeyes in Columbus — or anywhere else — is something Harbaugh has never done.

Nebraska up 21 to 16 at Columbus.

Alabama vs Clemson again.

Unless there's a shocker soon.

Will be a good game!

Wasn't it nice of the Tigers to let the Cardinals get a td in the second half?

They even let them get the extra point the second time around B)

• Like 1

WVU at Texas was epic with the Mountaineers winning 42-21 on a 2-point conversion QB keeper by Heisman hopeful Will Grier.  Grier dropped an absolute dime over the Texas safety for the go ahead TD with 16 seconds left.  Perfect pass and catch.

http://www.espn.com/watch/player?bucketId=13235&id=25169352

I would rank that win as the greatest comeback win on the road in West Virginia football history.  I went to the store afterwards.  People were talking about it everywhere.

Even if Texas had won that was one of the most exciting college games of the year.  The officiating was terrible for both sides and Texas lost some key players to injury early.  That absolutely influenced the outcome of the game.

Congrats to Texas for their huge crowd and a great team.  That outcome surely could easily have gone the other way.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

And what a beat down it was too. :)

4 minutes ago, Ceptorman said:

It certainly was. I figured they would win, but not as easily as they did. Pretty impressive.

The only way for ANY team to beat Alabama is if they TOTALLY implode imo...  Both sides of the ball are covered so well.  Incredible overall speed at every position where it's needed.  Reaction times are dialed in BUT that was the first time I've watched them this year.  Impressive!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

The only way for ANY team to beat Alabama is if they TOTALLY implode imo...  Both sides of the ball are covered so well.  Incredible overall speed at every position where it's needed.  Reaction times are dialed in BUT that was the first time I've watched them this year.  Impressive!

My son in law visited this weekend and he's a big fan of college football so we had it on.  Normally I wouldn't.   The game reminded me of watching the Yankees years ago when they out spent everyone else and basically bought championships.  If you have better talent than everyone else there's no competitive ballance and the games are boring to watch.  If you're a Bama fan boy then I'm sure you enjoyed the game but if you like watching a competitive contest this was a horrible game.  The NFL has salary caps and a draft process that really evens the playing field and makes for compelling games.  No one knows who is going to win the Super Bowl at this point in the season.   Not so in college.

• Like 1