College football 2018

jimjimbo

Personally, I don't think OSU is jumpin up and going to the Natl Playoffs.  Awfully young team to step up like they did today.  They had major mistakes that cost them ALL the time.  They'll be comfy going to Scottsdale once again.  Fans love the weather and leave a lot of $$$ there but they do that everywhere.  They're just not ready yet.

• Like 1

Usually when a top 4 team loses the CFP committee kind of starts with a clean slate and will mix up their rankings.

I think if it were me I'd move Georgia up to 4th, Sooners to 5th.  Then if Alabama wins the SEC championship game the Bulldogs are out and the Big12 Champion (if OK) goes to the CFP.

I really haven't liked Oklahoma until they beat my Mountaineers putting 59 on them.  It's real simple, their offensive athletes were better than our defensive athletes.  Bigger stronger faster.  I also liked the Sooner coach playing to win, and NOT playing not-to-lose.

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Probably no one but me is watching MSU versus Rutgers, but Sparty’s offense is abysmal.  The announcers continue to say MSU’s rush defense leads the nation.  That’s hard to believe.  Their record doesn’t reflect it.

-Yea, I was sitting here watching that wondering too...  Ugh!

OSU can leap frog Ok.  They have given up fewer points per game and look like a national championship contender.  It they do the same next week, it will come down to the wire with the committee.  When Cordell Jones lead the Bucks to their last national title, many people thought they were not ready and clear underdogs.image.jpeg.8f5bb4e12572716ae0ff8dc8217ef8ad.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceptorman said:

OSU won't leap frog 4 teams, and one of those teams is undefeated. Georgia will move to #4.

Agreed for this week but Bama and Bulldogs will meet in the SEC championship game.  If Alabama wins GA is out.  If GA wins they are in and Bama drops to 2nd or 3rd.

+++

And I do see where the 2nd best offense Ohio State can leapfrog those teams into 4th if certain things happen like GA losing the SEC game and Oklahoma loses the Big 12 championship game vs Texas.

OK has the #1 offense in the country but man does their defense stink!  If I were the committee I would be hard pressed to make the #4 seed an OK team that just gave up 56 points, even though they did win.

• Like 4