College football 2018

jimjimbo

16 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Dave @wvu80 

Who do you like in the Big 12 Championship game?  I’m sort of rooting for Texas, which lost to Maryland, which lost to Sparty — and just about everyone else.  I’ll also be rooting for Northwestern this evening against THE Buckeyes.  The CFP and bowl ramification of today’s games give me a headache.

@DizRotus

Big12?  Ya KNOW I'd love to see OK get beat but...   Sure I'd like to see OSU get "in" but they have to get by Northwestern tonite, which I think is gonna be a battle.  Maybe not, but again it just depends on who wins.  Ha!  Thing w/OSU is, if the receivers can get that "step" it'll be just like last week against TTUN.  Northwestern's program is even more solid this year.  

The headache?  That CFP crew has their work cut out for them.  Damned if you do and damned if you don't!  I honestly don't think the Buckeyes should be in.  They're way too young, next year of course, IF they ball like they're capable of. 

I find it funny that ESPN reported Urb was leaving after this year.  Could happen even though Urb and AD Gene Smith (ND former) say no.  Plants a seed into the kids heads.  Shame they can't drop the BS and let the kids ball.  Then toss in the ESPN pre-season garbage.  I didn't see them reporting the final outcome of it all.  You know how that works though. 

People wonder why OSU fans say "haters gonna hate?"  Factor in the OSU recruiting program, which is ROCK solid 24/7, 365, and of course other Uni's are upset cause this or that kid went to OSU.  These kids today aren't just average breeding stallions they're STUDS who LOVE he challenge!  Sure they'll ball at OSU they LOVE being the dawg!  Prime examples right there. 

Sure I'm all about the Buckeyes but I will go on record saying that this year there's not a team on the planet that SHOULD beat Bama on paper.  On ANY given day and we all know it does happen...  Saban and Urb coached together so Saban will ALWAYS have an edge but those are just my thoughts from looking at the paperwork.  lol  The WORLD knows Urb wants another shot to prove them wrong.  Just some semi-coherent ramblings...  Of course I'm watching Tom Herman's boys too... Wait wasn't he Urbs O coordinator?   lol

Georgia has a two touchdown lead early in the 3rd period.  They do not seem to impressed with Alabama's number one ranking.

I hoping for a Tide comeback because that would likely put Big 12 champ Oklahoma into the CF playoffs.  If Georgia wins Alabama is still the best one-loss team in the country and both deserve to be in.

7 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

Why did I know that @jimjimbo was gonna chime in???  Hmmmm...  Yup, those haters gonna hate!  hahahahahaha    Just for you my friend!  :)

46955605_1891608034241122_2166011617223901184_n.jpg

It seems you have forgotten to consider historical data including Ivy League colleges from the 17th century (as some here do-accurate or not).

"Michigan dominated the early years of the rivalry, compiling a 12-0-2 record in non-conference match-ups, 1897-1912. Fielding Yost's 1901-1905 "point a minute" teams outscored the Buckeyes 214-6."

You are welcome.

Keith

1 hour ago, T2K said:

It seems you have forgotten to consider historical data including Ivy League colleges from the 17th century (as some here do-accurate or not).

"Michigan dominated the early years of the rivalry, compiling a 12-0-2 record in non-conference match-ups, 1897-1912. Fielding Yost's 1901-1905 "point a minute" teams outscored the Buckeyes 214-6."

You are welcome.

Keith

Be careful including accurate historical data!

1 hour ago, T2K said:

You are welcome.

Keith

Agree totally!  Have a question though...  How many times did you hit the "play" button?   :)

18 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

WE DO HAVE A PROBLEM THOUGH!!!!

Georgia IS one of the 4 best in the country. No doubt about it.

I dunno, there's some doubt about it.  Georgia has two losses and failed to win the SEC championship.

Oklahoma has one loss and won the Big 12 championship.  In doing so they avenged their only loss of the year.

Oklahoma is in the CF playoffs, Georgia is out.