College football 2018

jimjimbo

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, wvu80 said:

It stinks because these guys got their educations ("educations") paid for by the universities.  Now they skip a game at the end, because they are so precious?  Whatever happened to dance with who brung ya?  It should be a requirement that if you are on a team, you play the games the team plays.  

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:52 PM, oldtimer said:

It stinks because these guys got their educations ("educations") paid for by the universities.  Now they skip a game at the end, because they are so precious?  Whatever happened to dance with who brung ya?  It should be a requirement that if you are on a team, you play the games the team plays.  

That is the future my friend.  College sports "Pro potentials" were never students to begin with....for the most part.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Max2 said:

That is the future my friend

When a bowl game injury can cost a kid $100 million over a career, this is very serious business and yes, it is a business.

Baker Mayfield got a $22 million signing bonus!!!

Saquon Barkley got a $21 million signing bonus, and so on and so forth.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JL Sargent said:

When a bowl game injury can cost a kid $100 million over a career, this is very serious business and yes, it is a business.

Funny how things change over time.  There's a lot more that the average fan doesn't even know about.  It's now become a "Sports Law/Business" complete w/a Master's program @ ASU in Phoenix...  Proud and blessed to have my youngest there working on her Master's then Law School.  I hope i'm around to see how she can help change things in the future but I know she will.  Compare what a male NBA player makes compared to a FEMALE WNBA player.  Apples to oranges.  Those girls could beat some of the men's teams yet they're denied equal pay from owners. A business?  Nah!  lol

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:52 PM, oldtimer said:

This and the "one and done" players in basketball.

The scholarship monies should be paid back and then some.

Maybe the first few paychecks go to the university. Mama is just going to have to wait for her son to buy her that new mansion.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Davis said:

This and the "one and done" players in basketball.

Maybe the first few paychecks go to the university. Mama is just going to have to wait for her son to buy her that new mansion.

I FIRMLY believe once a kid signs a letter of intent he plays for 4 years w/the exception of the red-shits.  This crap of leaving College for the pro teams after a year or two is crap!  Perhaps they can compete physically but mentally?  The ONLY team I know of that can truly do this is ichigan w/the  "Dynasty" they've built...  Do I get a "Boiler Up?"  😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Davis said:

Aren't the universities making enough money off these kids already? Not to pick on Alabama, but they brought in $164 million in athletic revenue during the 2016-16 season alone!!!

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/02/how_alabama_football_makes_its.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

Good point, but be careful.  What if every senior sat out bowl games because they might get drafted?  How would the so-called national championship look then?  Big sale on can'o'worms!

It doesn't matter. No one watches or cares about Alabama anyway.

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

Clemson making ND look kinda sad 23-3 at the half.

I forsee the next game to be the same way...  Wonder what that playoff gaggle is thinking now about their 4 team selection?  Bama SHOULD totally spank OK but this ND game?  Seriously?  Yawns

• Like 1