College football 2018

jimjimbo

27 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

As it is, I could care less about a bowl game as there's so many, and to me, they mean nothing in the overall college football championship hunt.

Carl, what is your current level of care, which leaves room for you to still care less?

When I have no interest in something, the Kardashians for instance, I could not care less.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

Carl, what is your current level of care, which leaves room for you to still care less?

When I have no interest in something, the Kardashians for instance, I could not care less.  

LOL.  I guess my current level of care is miniscule.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== just as there are no repercussions to coaches that sign a contract for xxx years, recruit a class who believe “their” coach is there for his contract duration then signs with another school for of course, more money —

Sounds like the system is broken.

14 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I just saw where the Rose Bowl made NINETY-SIX million this year!

Tradition! 

=== and I’ve read they are having a hard time selling tickets to Monday’s Championship game. Maybe they need to re-think playing the game in freaking Santa Clara  when 9 times out of 10 a team from the SEC is playing. Those in Cali could give a rats arse about any fed neck SEC schools. I believe the great pontificater himself Bill Walton, refers to the PAC 12 as The League of Champions. What a long strange trip he’s still on. Like many things NC2A, they are clueless and ineffectual - hmmm - sounds like our government— 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, richieb said:

=== and I’ve read they are having a hard time selling tickets to Monday’s Championship game. Maybe they need to re-think playing the game in freaking Santa Clara  when 9 times out of 10 a team from the SEC is playing. Those in Cali could give a rats arse about any fed neck SEC schools. I believe the great pontificater himself Bill Walton, refers to the PAC 12 as The League of Champions. What a long strange trip he’s still on. Like many things NC2A, they are clueless and ineffectual - hmmm - sounds like our government— 

Yes, the latest "get in" ticket price is $147.50.....last year it was approx. $1700.  However, a plane ticket from SEC territory will cost you $1200 or more, plus at least $350 per night for a hotel.

27 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Yes, the latest "get in" ticket price is $147.50.....last year it was approx. $1700.  However, a plane ticket from SEC territory will cost you $1200 or more, plus at least $350 per night for a hotel.

That reaffirms what I said earlier.  If you don't have skin in the game most don't care or at least care enough to pay to see it.

4 hours ago, DizRotus said:

The athlete's attendance did not prevent the university from enrolling another tuition paying student. 

The number of scholarships are limited so it does prevent another athlete (who may have fulfilled his four year agreement) from attending his University of choice.

9 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Yep.  The Patriots went 18-0 then went on to lose to a team that was 10-6 in the Super Bowl..  The Patriots were 12 point favorites in that game.  If that was college, the Giants wouldn't have even been in the playoffs.

🤣

cheatin pats always deserve to lose. gotta love those dolphins!

Especially loved it the Sept after they beat us in the SB, 100+ degrees downtown. Peppers was still here think big Maake Kemoeatu was here. The third time brady went three and out right below us we intercepted it and ran it to midfield.

Know it was sweat, cause the bleachers had emptied 70k to the mezzanine at halftime but looked like tears streaming down his face.

got `em that day, got `em good

37 minutes ago, JohnJ said:

🤣

cheatin pats always deserve to lose. gotta love those dolphins!

Especially loved it the Sept after they beat us in 100+ degrees downtown. Peppers was still here think big Maake Kemoeatu was here. The third time brady went three and out right below us we intercepted it and ran it to midfield.

Know it was sweat, cause the bleachers had emptied 70k to the mezzanine at halftime but looked like tears streaming down his face.

got `em that day, got `em good

The Dolphins own Brady as long as they play in Miami.

• Like 1

@JL Sargent

A month ago I had no doubt who would win this game.

With Dexter Lawrence not playing, don't think our guys hunger for this game is reduced...just some talent.

At least it's not like playing sc, don't expect any dirty plays tonight out of `Bama!

We're

ALL IN !

• Like 1

Could be interesting...   :)  Two teams going head-to-head with one of them being the first team ever to win 15 games.  Neither of the QB's have faced the other defense so it could get interesting.  I think that true freshman, Trevor Lawrence, might have a few problems reading tonite.  That island boy will be calm cool and collected.  Who knows??? 

Tons of interesting things going on in Cbus @ OSU today...  Haskin's going to the NFL. GA QB transfer Justin Fields started classes and may just start next fall, which won't make Tate Martel happy.  TTUN's Defensive Line Guru, Greg Mattison coming to OSU and possibly Al Washington.  Can't believe they''re leaving before next year's Revenge Tour.  Jeff Haley is also coming in from the 49's to coach the DB's.

• Like 1

I hope they show the bands on ESPN2. 

Alabama has the best band in the country IMO.  Their style is called a show band.  It's like a 3-ring circus, something going on all the time on the field.  Great horns, great drums, twirler teams, great show design.  They cover the field, they have it all.

8 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I hope they show the bands on ESPN2. 

Alabama has the best band in the country IMO.  Their style is called a show band.  It's like a 3-ring circus, something going on all the time on the field.  Great horns, great drums, twirler teams, great show design.  They cover the field, they have it all.

You ain't right.  But the sec channel had some of it.    And I am not impressed with that dragon thing.

• Thanks 1