College football 2018

jimjimbo

@wvu80 I agree re your pre-season comment.  unless you follow the computer based rankings - and I don't, so I can't tell you for sure their names, but Sagarin & others like that come to mind.  but for D 1 playoff rankings, I don't think computers come into play until the 1st playoff ranking comes out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

That's funny.  How many players from Alabama will be good enough to be drafted?  6, 8, 10 (doubtful).  How many players on the Browns were good enough to be drafted?

Apparently you just don't get it. Most folk in Alabama just don't give a schit about pro sports.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Ramble on....

Leaves are falling all around
It's time I was on my way
Thanks to you I'm much obliged
For such a pleasant stay
But now it's time for me to go
The autumn moon lights my way
For now I smell the rain
And with it pain
And it's headed my way
Ah, sometimes I grow so tired
But I know I've got one thing I got to do
  • Like 1

First,  Undergrad/Masters from Ohio State and have/had many close ties to those connected to the University Athletic Dept.  I know TONS of supporters both graduate's, fan's and those in the media.  I shot ALL sports there for 28 years as my form of stress relief from work.  Stressful job + the stress of getting the right photo = relaxation???  It worked for me.  Papers and Magazines for the most part.  So yea, I heard about Jerry Sandusky and JoPa knowing 10 years before it broke.  So I'll say this on the record.  There's not an NCAA school in the country that is righteous whether it's Podunk U. Ohio State, Texas, Bama, Clemson or UofM.

This was my fb statement on 1Aug and I'll just leave it right here:  

BREAKING NEWS: I being of "semi-sound" mind REFUSE to discuss ANYthing involving OSU's football program or coaching staff! From this point ON until the on-going investigation is complete. Geez, WHY hash and re-hash things??? Things WILL sort and the sun WILL come up hopefully! Carry on & GO BUCKS!!! 1f60e.png😎

This was my fb statement on 1Aug and I'll just leave it right here:  BREAKING NEWS: I being of "semi-sound" mind REFUSE to discuss ANYthing involving OSU's football program or coaching staff! From this point ON until the on-going investigation is complete. Geez, WHY hash and re-hash things??? Things WILL sort and the sun WILL come up hopefully! Carry on & GO BUCKS!!! 1f60e.png

Haters gonna hate. 

It's simple, but yea buddy, it's EVERYwhere.  Reporters are gonna report and hopefully what they report is factual and true otherwise, it's just Fake News!  😎

10 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I get it.  That's one of the reason they don't have a pro team.

I know it's complicated but try to understand that if no one here will support a pro team then a pro team will not locate here.

Football is a guilty pleasure.  The damage done to participants is real.  I would discourage young people from repeating my mistakes.  I enjoyed playing linebacker in high school, as well as wrestling at MSU, but my several concussions and many sub-concussive events should not be experienced by the youth of today.

The CTE study at BU can’t wait to slice into my brain.  I have to prove to them I’m still using it, so they don’t come get it while I’m 😴.

• Like 2