College football 2018

jimjimbo

I prefer the youthful enthusiasm of college football.  Of course, I recognize the college game is, effectively, the minor league system for the NFL, nonetheless, I prefer it.  As such, it seems appropriate for the players to receive more than tuition, books, housing, and meals in exchange for their labors — and risks — which generate huge revenues.

Carl’s @CECAA850 comparison to watching WNBA vs NBA is valid, but not definitive.  Sure the skill levels are lower in the college game (and WNBA), but the competition can be more exciting.  Just because a good male college tennis player could defeat most women pro tennis players, the athleticism and competition of the women’s game is still very entertaining. 

If only it weren’t so dangerous and the participants had a realistic understanding of the dangers and the unlikelihood of professional success, it would be easier to enjoy without guilt.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2018 at 1:00 PM, EmilC said:

Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Michigan State.

Is there a tougher conference than the BIG10 this year?

To be exact, the BIg 10 East. 

Tough row to hoe just to kick the stuffing out of Wisconsin....

• Like 1

On 8/23/2018 at 11:47 AM, jimjimbo said:

Let's start off the season with a truly disgraceful decision by Ohio State to simply suspend Urban Meyer.  Pathetic.  If they found enough to suspend him, he should have been fired.  Period.

And this has nothing to do with my allegiance to Michigan.  I would say the same thing if it were anyone else, but it's not.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2792270-urban-meyers-suspension-shows-ohio-state-values-winning-more-than-morality?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

So no NCAA sanctions against Ohio State Football? 

And then this

"EAST LANSING -- Michigan State won't face punishment from the NCAA over the actions of Larry Nassar or from the revelations of an ESPN report that detailed multiple sexual assault allegations against football and basketball players and the school's response to those allegations"

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf/2018/08/ncaa_clears_michigan_state_in.html

• Confused 2

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, jimjimbo said:

Let's start off the season with a truly disgraceful decision by Ohio State to simply suspend Urban Meyer.  Pathetic.  If they found enough to suspend him, he should have been fired.  Period.

And this has nothing to do with my allegiance to Michigan.  I would say the same thing if it were anyone else, but it's not.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2792270-urban-meyers-suspension-shows-ohio-state-values-winning-more-than-morality?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Is it me or does he look like Will Sasso?

zach-smithformer-ohio-state-assistant-coWill-Sasso-Law-and-Order-SVU-620x375.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2018 at 10:57 AM, oldtimer said:

And Alabama is still ranked 1st to start the season.

For how many years now? 

On 8/23/2018 at 1:14 PM, CECAA850 said:

The sad thing is that there's not a single college team that could even come close to beating the Browns, arguably the worst team in the NFL.  College football ranks right up there with women's basketball but hey, if you enjoy it, go for it.  More power to you.

My 2 year old nephew could beat the Browns.

Also, Woo Pig Sooie! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1