College football 2018

jimjimbo

3 hours ago, Dave1290 said:

I FIRMLY believe once a kid signs a letter of intent he plays for 4 years w/the exception of the red-shits.  This crap of leaving College for the pro teams after a year or two is crap!  Perhaps they can compete physically but mentally? 

Haha ... yes, and they "let them graduate" no matter what :(  Was a Teaching Assistant in the late 70's ... course was Engineering Physics ... had a TWO-time Heisman winner in my class ... I flunked him, but of course he passed the course with flying colors :(  Sure it is even worse these days :D 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

We expect a wall.  And we will throw a big temper tantrum until we get it.

I tried to get into the Peach Bowl today. The security folks said I needed a ticket. I explained that I had driven 60 miles and was requesting asylum from all the relatives that were making my life miserable at home. I was told that they had rules to follow and without a ticket, I had to stay outside.

I told them that I could not afford a ticket, but I really needed to get into the stadium. A security guard explained that if they let people in without tickets, there would be no room for the paying customers. That's why they build walls and post guards at the entrance. He also promised to arrest me if I did not leave.

There are a lot of places that build walls/fences to keep folks out.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Notre Dame did not belong.  Until CFP goes to an eight team playoff, do not let arrogant, “We don’t need no stinkin’ conference” ND into the playoffs.  Force ND to choose between its exclusive NBC contract and a chance to earn a playoff spot by winning a conference championship.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Hey ... what do you expect :)  University of Michigan :D  Sure we'll be hearing from JimJimbo shortly :) 

50 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

It's all mathematics and geometry.

JJK

Sure you've got people wanting his head on a stick in his front yard, rumor's that he's going to Green Bay.  That's entirely possible.  Nothing is IMpossible any more but I really don't believe he'll leave  ichigan.   His  dad was a long time Coach under Bo, he grew up there and started for Bo, he has no reason to pack it in.  Sure they may fire him but who really knows?  The thing I don't get is he has one mouthy player shootin it off all season then recruits a 4-star player who just signed doin the same thing.  Seriously?  Who knows anymore???  I'd hate to see him leave ichigan!  😂 😂

1 hour ago, TFR1 said:

I tried to get into the Peach Bowl today. The security folks said I needed a ticket. I explained that I had driven 60 miles and was requesting asylum from all the relatives that were making my life miserable at home. I was told that they had rules to follow and without a ticket, I had to stay outside.

I told them that I could not afford a ticket, but I really needed to get into the stadium. A security guard explained that if they let people in without tickets, there would be no room for the paying customers. That's why they build walls and post guards at the entrance. He also promised to arrest me if I did not leave.

There are a lot of places that build walls/fences to keep folks out.

Thank you!  That justifies my temper tantrum affecting so many people already on the other side of the wall.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DizRotus said:

Notre Dame did not belong.  Until CFP goes to an eight team playoff, do not let arrogant, “We don’t need no stinkin’ conference” ND into the playoffs.  Force ND to choose between its exclusive NBC contract and a chance to earn a playoff spot by winning a conference championship.

As I recall we never wanted the Irish here anyway.  Now the country is poorer and dirtier.  

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, JL Sargent said:

When a bowl game injury can cost a kid $100 million over a career, this is very serious business and yes, it is a business.

Baker Mayfield got a $22 million signing bonus!!!

Saquon Barkley got a $21 million signing bonus, and so on and so forth.

Anyone understands the business side of it, and that's what it is now for some of the truly talented, business from day one. 

• Like 1

Yeah, so it's those two teams that seem to own college football these days in the championship again. ND and OK were, well, less than up to the task. I suspect Georgia would have beat either one no problem.  Alabama and Clemson are playing in the big dance once again though. Let's get it on! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Harbaugh is succeeding at emulating his coach at Michigan.  Bo was 5-12 in bowl games as Michigan’s coach; Harbaugh is 1-3.  Don’t misunderstand.  Bo was an excellent coach.  You don’t coach in 17 bowl games if you aren’t doing something right.  Bo’s mantra, “The team, the team, the team” was sincere, but “the team” consistently lost the big games under Bo.

Perhaps Harbaugh will be seduced away to the NFL, especially now that he will never be able to defeat Urban Meyer.  I hope he stays at Michigan; he’s a good coach and recruiter. More important, he’s a good person, quirky and sometimes annoying, but a good person at heart.   IMO, it would be a mistake for the Wolverine slappies to force him out.

FWIW, a physician friend of mine seriously suspects Harbaugh shows signs of CTE. That could be true.  As a quarterback at Michigan and in the NFL, he took a lot of hits.

The B1G is 2-2 in bowl games, so far, with 5 yet to play.  Not exactly the dominance being touted at the beginning of the season.

• Like 1