Mr. Ed King RIP

JohnJ

Here we go again, this guitarist is not as well known as the others.

With Lynyrd Skynyrd he co-wrote "Sweet Home Alabama"

I'll start with one prior to that that us old peace-freaks might recognize.

• Like 1

Not sure Bill, listened to some good footage I'd never heard on youtube from across the pond.

He was prominent in a Shotime Skynyrd special "If I Leave Here Tomorrow" that just played.

Gary Rossington mostly, had Shorty Medlocke's grandson talking for a couple of minutes too.

On 8/23/2018 at 10:47 AM, oldtimer said:

Triplum and thyme.  (lol)

Saw the obit.  Not every man truly lives.  RIP

Not such an obscure song, but how many recall the strawberry statement?

I do.  The statement itself was in opposition to the widespread point of view that the community of scholars -- the faculty and students -- should set important University policy, and the administration is there to help. 

From Wikipedia:  It was "a statement made by Herbert Deane, vice dean of Graduate Faculties, in an April 1967 interview with Columbia Daily Spectator, the student newspaper. Speaking about the role of students in university policy, Deane said that 'student or faculty opinion should not in itself have any influence on the formation of administrative policy.  A university is definitely not a democratic institution,' he added. 'When decisions begin to be made democratically around here, I will not be here any longer.'[2]  Deane concluded with what students widely mocked as "the strawberry statement": 'Whether students vote 'yes' or 'no' on a given issue means as much to me as if they were to tell me they like strawberries.' "

A book and movie followed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jacksonbart said:

Loved Lynyrd Skynyrd before the plain crash. The music biz can ruin some talent

I occasionally view the Lynyrd Skynyrd Jacksonville concert DVD at loud levels even though the mixer guy toned down the drum cynbals about 20 db.

JJK