Copy and Paste

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

What browser?  I am using edge, and sometimes copying from explorer, and have only experienced this with this forum.  Besides, this is above your pay grade.  Do I have to throw in an @Chad to get some service around here?

If you want real help, yes.

I'm using IE (11 I believe)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

What browser?  I am using edge,

I would speculate that you have admitted your problem right there.  do you have anything resembling a real browser - Chrome, Firefox, anything else?  or as a last resort, ya, Internet Exploder might suffice.

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

This is not intended to be a compare and contrast browser thread.  I could say the same thing about tubes, or avr vs. separates.  Why do I have no problems anywhere else?

ok - my apologies.  try this - on your 1st copy/paste attempt, open another item that you can paste into:  Word, Notepad, even Excel will work.  then minimize that.

now - go back to your source you want to copy & copy your content.  go to your destination - here?  - and paste.  paste does not work?  immediately, grab the other app - the Word, Notepad, etc - and try pasting there.  do you get anything pasted in it?  could be your 'copy' is not getting the content until your 2nd attempt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Why do I have no problems anywhere else?

Good question.  The forum acts differently on my phone depending on which browser I use.  The forum only works right on my phone when I use Chrome.  It's the only site that gives me issues on my other browser.

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

To copy and paste in a reply, it is necessary to do it twice.  Copy, paste---no that doesn't work.  Copy, paste again, success.  PITA!  (sorry for the idiotic emulation of a tweeter)  NOT! (lol, couldn't resist)

Had this exact thing happen to me earlier today, it was after the forum had a problem with my password.

I know I get dyslexic typing sometimes...

Every time I put my password with different characters and some shifts it takes a little manual labor, so I know I put it in the box right! 

**I was using Chromium like I always do unless to view html.

@oldtimer, I can confirm that I have the same paste twice issue that you are experiencing. The issue appears to be related to Edge and this website; when I use IE on this website I don't have the problem. In my case, when I do paste a response, it comes from something I've written in Microsoft Word.

Edit: I just went to another Forum that I belong to that uses “Invision Community” as their software and duplicated the copy and paste twice issue using Edge as my browser. Everything worked fine with IE on that website.