I am thinking about a pair of KP-101's for my office surround system

Oicu812

Yes there are worth 250 a pair or even for each. I would not sell mine for anything under 500 a pair. I love the sound of them
Here are the four in my 7.1 HT setup
They have a smoother and more natural sound then the kpt-100 speakers that I’ve used in the past setup I had

e69a7f671c3f9edd8cebb00e9a210b83.jpgc6bf65f705278eda1104deae93d7393b.jpg

The KP101's I have are square boxed and not trapezoidal and I bought them with shipping  for around $150.00 a couple of years ago. Looking around today they have gone up like all other Klipsch seems to be doing and deals are getting harder to find.  I have a pair of them for my computer speakers in the house and they make for very pleasant low level listening.

• Moderators
On 8/25/2018 at 10:54 AM, Dave A said:

The KP101's I have are square boxed and not trapezoidal and I bought them with shipping  for around $150.00 a couple of years ago. Looking around today they have gone up like all other Klipsch seems to be doing and deals are getting harder to find.  I have a pair of them for my computer speakers in the house and they make for very pleasant low level listening.

How do you have them hooked up to computers?  Do you run computer output through any type of amp?

On 8/26/2018 at 10:29 PM, dwilawyer said:

How do you have them hooked up to computers?  Do you run computer output through any type of amp?

I use a PCIE sound card with 7.1 surround capability.  I go from the optical out to an Onkyo 7.1 receiver opt in.  For music, I set the receiver to push left and right inputs to all speakers attached to that particular "side", and then push anything below 50Hz to the powered sub.  It makes for a very nice sound stage.  Tom Petty is sitting directly in front of me as we speak.

For the front right and left, I am using KG4's.  For the center channel, I have two of the small Klipsch speakers from a surround set, both wired into the same channel.  I know that halves the resistance, but this amp seems to handle 4 ohms just fine with smaller speakers.  I have those two on either side of my monitor, angled in at 45 degrees, and they act like a larger speaker sitting directly in front of me.  A "virtual" center speaker, as it were.  The mid right and left are the Heresy twins, one of which is upgraded to a Super.  You can REALLY tell the difference between the stock and the Super version.  Just amazing.  I will most likely be upgrading the other Heresy this week.

I don't have any speakers for the back right and left yet, but help is on the way.  I purchased a pair of Klipsch Pro KP-101, and they should be here in a couple of days.

• Like 1