KP-262

Dave A

OK here is another set going away. They are in very nice shape but no grille and they need to go. $300.00  I will be parting these out too within the week or two so anyone who is interested in a really fine set of K-42-KP's these may soon be available. Very hard to find woofers if you need them. This also has a very nice mid range KP-65-E driver and K-604 tractix horn and this pair will be for sale also. Any interest?

DSC_0009.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

DSC_0011.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, teaman said:

If you were shipping you would have already had buyers for your stuff Dave, although I understand the cons to shipping it.I just don't understand trashing perfectly good cabinets when the speakers for sale could make someone very happy

I have a rule with speaker sales for better or worse. I want people to pick them up in person. Each of us has a different set of ears and preferences and while there is general consensus  about what sounds good some like La Scalas and some like Cornwalls best. So I expect people to show up here and if they don't like them I Paypal a refund right on the spot. I have never had to do that but the offer is there. And then when they leave I am not responsible in any way for anything like shipping damage  and then the ensuing nonsense that can go with that. With all the damaged shipments I received last Christmas season I can say in retrospect this is the best choice for me.

I have tried for over a year to sell these and no I don't want to destroy them but at some point in time things have to go. I have given people plenty of time to get them and no one has appeared. I have to drive all over the place to get these because I wanted to and I bought these things I had never heard before because I wanted to hear them.  I figure someone who is interested can do the same thing I did. I also have a list of things I will never buy again because they are darned hard to sell no matter how nice they sound and these 262's are in that category. Never again. Same for KP 260's and KSM 2's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave A said:

I have a rule with speaker sales for better or worse. I want people to pick them up in person. Each of us has a different set of ears and preferences and while there is general consensus  about what sounds good some like La Scalas and some like Cornwalls best. So I expect people to show up here and if they don't like them I Paypal a refund right on the spot. I have never had to do that but the offer is there. And then when they leave I am not responsible in any way for anything like shipping damage  and then the ensuing nonsense that can go with that. With all the damaged shipments I received last Christmas season I can say in retrospect this is the best choice for me.

I have tried for over a year to sell these and no I don't want to destroy them but at some point in time things have to go. I have given people plenty of time to get them and no one has appeared. I have to drive all over the place to get these because I wanted to and I bought these things I had never heard before because I wanted to hear them.  I figure someone who is interested can do the same thing I did. I also have a list of things I will never buy again because they are darned hard to sell no matter how nice they sound and these 262's are in that category. Never again. Same for KP 260's and KSM 2's.

I understand that line of thinking Dave, I believe we had already touched on this before. I guess myself knowing that you would have to run the boxes over to damage those durable pro speaker cabinets I saw an opening for shipping. As always brother, it is up to you the seller and what you feel is best. You are way too far for me to travel, plus at the moment I am pretty much broke....but locally they would have never lasted.

• Haha 1

Guys they are dismantled and I am not putting them back together. If this comes up again I will offer them here  and we shall see how it goes. I live way out in the country so those guys may not want to serve me. I will at least look into it though.

23 minutes ago, Emile said:

At least have a proper cremation for them :D 

fire bonfire GIF

Bonfire  yes along with a set of Quartet cabinets I could not GIVE away the KSM 2's and an old KP 3002 and the KP 262's. Never again for any of them here. Seriously thinking of doing it to a set of JBL's too since I have been all over the map on the price and have even offered to GIVE them to any church  and here they sit. Another one of those I wanted to hear mistakes.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, teaman said:

I guess myself knowing that you would have to run the boxes over to damage those

It's not the boxes I worry about it's the idiots that throw and drop things. Those are big heavy magnets and shocks can shift them.

• Like 1