Please respect John McCain and his legacy

jimjimbo

I have great respect for John McCain's military service and his personal sacrifices for our country. He gave much more of himself than most of his contemporaries, most of whom did everything possible to avoid military service. But John McCain spent much more of his life serving this country politically. His 'thumbs down' vote soon after he learned of his brain cancer diagnosis probably had an impact on a greater number of the lives of Americans than did his military service. John McCain died of a disease than is estimated will affect 40% of people living today. The issues matter.

Keith

• Like 5

I admired his intellectual independence.

"      "           "   sense of humor.

"      "           " concession speech in the election of 2008, which was a model of gentlemanship and civility.

I like mavericks, especially when guided by their intelligence, like John and Paul.

That I disagreed with him on several topics did not diminish my respect.

RIP.   I think we should be able to say more than RIP.

Jeff, leave the K77 alone!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Mr. @rebuy was just making a small bit of subtle, dry humor, there's nothing wrong with him.

The give-away was his referring to his counter-argument "they don't make them that way anymore" with the retort (paraphrasing) "yes they do, they make them more 'Virile' (in caps").  Yes, he was just messing around.  It's inappropriate hillbilly humor, I do the same thing, usually with the same misunderstandings.  :rolleyes:

When you have to explain your humor, it probably wasn't all that funny to begin with and trust me, I've had to do a lot of 'splaining in my day.  B)

Thanks for defending me, I chose not to respond as people take themselves to serious.

I have been given a "Warning Point:, for my remark.

Over reaction to a non hostile post.

If my remark was so VILE as to warrant a "Warning Point", this forum is in trouble.

Sincerely, Me

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rebuy said:

Thanks for defending me, I chose not to respond as people take themselves to serious.

I have been given a "Warning Point:, for my remark.

Over reaction to a non hostile post.

If my remark was so VILE as to warrant a "Warning Point", this forum is in trouble.

Sincerely, Me

Too bad for you.

• Like 1

Mr. McCain's long expected passing has happened and it's a sad life changing event for his family.

I can understand people expressing their sorrow for his passing.

I haven't said anything to the contrary or disrespected any forum member in any way for any post

regarding his passing. 

Those of you who want to put something into my remarks, That isn't there, Well, that's on you.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rebuy said:

Those of you who want to put something into my remarks, That isn't there, Well, that's on you.

Well said.  That's the way I read you comments so I'm glad I was on point with that.  I saw no signs of disrespect from you. 

3 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

@rebuy and I are from the same neck of the woods.  I thought I could interpret because we both speak redneck.  It can take some getting used to but he's a good egg.   B)

If people are too dumb to understand what I write as not being offensive, they're the ones with the problem.

This includes the one who gave me the "Warning Point".

Uncalled for and unfair.