Pricing for Forte speakers

RandKC

I have a pair of Forte speakers in excellent condition. Bought them with a house back in 1995. I believe they are oiled oak but I'm not sure. I plan on selling them and I'm trying to get a sense for what they are worth.  Check out the photo and if you have any advice I would greatly appreciate it (I have more photos but can't attach because of forum's file size limitations). Thanks.

IMG_1318 3.jpg

From that single photo, they don't look like oak, but rather walnut.

You can use Windows Paint to reduce the size of your photos, or you can search on Windows Photo Resizer.

More photos of all surfaces, serial numbers will help to advise on value.

• Like 1

value of fortes can vary greatly... some guys think they are worth $750+, especially if you look on ebay.  but rarely do they actually sell for that much.  average real world prices for forte 1 are $400-600 in excellent condition, the forte 2 might get the higher side of that range.  i had an almost mint set of fortes in oiled walnut i sold recently for $500 locally & that took almost a month to find the right buyer. 

condition is very important so better pics showing more of the speaker would help get an accurate price estimate.  but i think starting at $500 obo would be a good number.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RandKC said:

I have a pair of Forte speakers in excellent condition. Bought them with a house back in 1995. I believe they are oiled oak but I'm not sure. I plan on selling them and I'm trying to get a sense for what they are worth.  Check out the photo and if you have any advice I would greatly appreciate it (I have more photos but can't attach because of forum's file size limitations). Thanks.

IMG_1318 3.jpg

That's a tough call.... Either you paid

To much.. And received a house for free...  Or paid to much for a house.

But those are very nice..forte's !

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Either you paid

To much.. And received a house for free...  Or paid to much for a house.

That comment totally lost me... Not sure what you were trying to say there 

He said that he bought them with the house....

Well, maybe they are oak in looking more closely at the risers.  No matter, they look nice.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi, folks!  I've had a pair of beautiful Forte 1 speakers since I found them in a Venice, Florida, Goodwill about 25 years ago ($14.95 /each 😁).  I've loved them truly and well, but I'm now in that stage of life where one feels the need to part with things - even things beloved.  I don't have any pics currently - ,obviously I'll need to take some, but my physical shape makes that a major task - but they're in great shape, internally and externally.  No external dings, walnut (I think), beautiful, rich repro of choral music (my field), a cannon shot in the  Bernstein 1812 Overture that'll make a combat veteran jump for cover - such easy grace and power....I better stop; I'm talking myself out of this....

Given the lack of pics, can someone give me a ballpark price range in 2023?

Edited by MacGator
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, billybob said:

With no pics, I can see a range of 400 to 800 depending. There are a couple of pair or more, here in Florida listed for around the 800, but, they are being slow to sell.  Hope this helps meanwhile.  @MacGator

Many thanks, billybob!  It's a project for me to get those things out from their places to where I can get a meaningful pic:  I have severe back problems, walk with a cane, can't exercise much so little muscle.  I have a couple of younger, healthy neighbors who'll give me a hand, but it's gonna take a while....I'll work on it.  Old age is a b*tch, sometimes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MacGator said:

Many thanks, billybob!  It's a project for me to get those things out from their places to where I can get a meaningful pic:  I have severe back problems, walk with a cane, can't exercise much so little muscle.  I have a couple of younger, healthy neighbors who'll give me a hand, but it's gonna take a while....I'll work on it.  Old age is a b*tch, sometimes.

No spring chicken here either.

Just do what you can without having to go to extremes. Any pics will do. Buyer can do the rest. When you are ready, place a fresh ad here in the garage sale, or and craigslist, etc. Start high, that way you can come down, or best offer. 

BTW, your call on letting buyer know what you paid. Some will want to pay the same. A simple pic or 2 will do for an ad.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Karlitos said:

Hello All, 

I am trying to decide between a pair of Klipsch Forte 1 $700 or a pair of Klipsch SP1 $300. Both in mint condition. For music listening. Which ones are a bette sound and quality speaker? 

Forte. Hands down. 

• Like 2