How to get a technical question answered by a Klipsch engineer?

petercapo

Good luck with that one. Klipsch engineers rarely visit. 

I downloaded the manual, which listed virtually no information related to the amplifier section. This is not unusual. 

I spent 10 minutes looking at other BASH plate amps. All of them had an input impedance of 20k ohms. 

• Like 1

I submitted an inquiry - can't remember if I did it online or via e-mail.  I think it was online.  Haven't heard anything yet.  I will try calling them if I can find the time.  It's a common spec for amplifiers.  Strange it is not included with the other specs.  Also wondering if the Z-IN for the amplifier section is linear or if it varies with frequency.  If it is driving a subwoofer, I'd think the Z-IN would vary with frequency.  Something has to.

Thanks.

Peter

Edited by petercapo

On 8/29/2018 at 7:19 PM, petercapo said:

If it is driving a subwoofer, I'd think the Z-IN would vary with frequency.  Something has to. 

It is a line level input to the amplifier, meaning a high impedance input ~ 10-20k ohms or higher.  The Z-IN is not going to vary much at all when fed by a line level out from a receiver, i.e., 2-100 ohms.

However, if the amp is dead and he wants to power it with a separate power amp, have him open the cabinet and look at the back of the driver. The z is usually stamped on the back of the magnet structure.

Bruce

• Like 1