WTB: CF-4, Version 1, Cherry $2k

sabeous

Trying to find a pair of Cherry CF-4 version 1 speakers in mint condition.  My offer is $2k plus shipping to Seattle.  These speakers are so hard to find I hope someone has a set they aren’t using that would rather have the money.  I fell in love with these back in 94’ and have been trying to complete my system.  I know that this might seem high - but no one seems to be interested in selling theirs...rarely do they become available.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Plenty of room in your budget for shipping with this pair, IF you can convince him to ship.

Holy cow you're good!

You should get a finder's fee. :lol:

+++

46 minutes ago, sabeous said:

Thanks for sending me the post - I reached out and he wants to keep his speakers.

Oh no, rats.  :(

You are right to want the CF-4 v1.  They are special, they are rare,  and they are the Holy Grail as far as I am concerned.  Good luck with your search. 

1 minute ago, 314carpenter said:

I found an awful beat up pair of chorus II today, and got shot down without even exchanging an asking price. Alot of fishing going on in the chicago area.

Are you El Kochlioco on the Klipsch Owners FB page?  He asked for help on pricing on a pair of beat up Ch2's and the last thing I saw was the Seller was fishing for a price without actually listing one.

13 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Holy cow you're good!

You should get a finder's fee. :lol:

+++

Oh no, rats.  :(

You are right to want the CF-4 v1.  They are special, they are rare,  and they are the Holy Grail as far as I am concerned.  Good luck with your search. 

That is strange, his Craigslist post is still active?  Now I am beginning to wonder if nothing more than a scam?

Regards,

John

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sabeous said:

Thanks for sending me the post - I reached out and he wants to keep his speakers.

he wants to keep the speakers? the ad was just listed 5 days ago & it is still active... but he wants to keep the speakers???  why doesnt he just delete the ad if he wants to keep them? 

also, those dont look like v1 cf4's, they have awfully short ports for v1.  beautifull looking epics though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Westcoastdrums said:

Welcome to the world of Craigslist.   As much as it is a ridiculous question, I understand where the question "is it still available comes from".  There are some special people out there. 

i agree, very special!  maybe the seller just said he wants to keep them to all the people lowballing him or trying to get him to ship them... but if he seriously wants to keep them.. just delete the dang ad!

3 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

And that I understand, believe me if I have changed my mind more than a couple of times, but I remove my ads immediately if that is the case.  I have never heard a pair of epics, but damn if they don't have a cult like following.   

as a prev owner of epics as well as hearing many pairs including when they were brand new, i suggest you jump at a chance to hear them.  while there are lots of factors that can make or break a set of speakers... the cf-4 are pretty amazing in any version.

3 hours ago, Westcoastdrums said:

I have never heard a pair of epics, but damn if they don't have a cult like following.    

Count me in, I am a dues paying member of the CF-4 cult!  :D

+++

I agree with all other comments ^^^ on the ad.

• No doubt the label is v1
  • No doubt those are 2.5" ports which are v2 or v3
  • Strange that the Seller keeps the ad up yet refuses to sell the speakers

Seller could be legit but it sounds more like scammer or trolling on the internet.    (confirmed by @DEP14 in the next post, Seller is real and NOT a scammer) 

So,

I actually met the seller.  He does have them, he's torn on selling them.  I was going to buy them as I'm sort of local...  

But definitely shorter ports.  He is a big KLF fan, bought my 30's from me.  I tried to work a cash+ speaker trade, but he said not right now.  But he does have the speakers.

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, DEP14 said:

So,

I actually met the seller.  He does have them, he's torn on selling them.  I was going to buy them as I'm sort of local...  

But definitely shorter ports.  He is a big KLF fan, bought my 30's from me.  I tried to work a cash+ speaker trade, but he said not right now.  But he does have the speakers.

Are the cabinets and speakers mint, as described in ad?  

Regards,

John

14 minutes ago, DEP14 said:

First of all, thanks for checking it out.  We'd all like to know why he has the speakers listed for sale yet won't sell them, but you're not his therapist.   :rolleyes:

But let me get this straight;  you went over to pick up some CF-4's for trade + cash, and HE bought YOUR speakers, your KLF-30's?  How does that work?  :lol:

• Haha 1

He came to my place to buy my 30's.  Based on pictures, they look pretty good. One scratch on the side that I suspect Restor-a-finish could buff out.

Honestly I wanted them for the cherry cabinets, was going to swap my V1 stuff into them.