WTB: CF-4, Version 1, Cherry $2k

sabeous

2 minutes ago, DEP14 said:

He came to my place to buy my 30's.  Based on pictures, they look pretty good. One scratch on the side that I suspect Restor-a-finish could buff out.

Honestly I wanted them for the cherry cabinets, was going to swap my V1 stuff into them.  

I wonder if after listening to both sets of speakers he will later decide to sell one set.  If he's hedging his bet, I can actually understand that.

I'm also guessing if you pick up those Cherry CF-4's the only thing they will need is that 5.5" port.  If they have that grey horn you know you have the v1's.  It's always hard to tell black from grey in the pictures.

I can give you a couple of suggestions that are cheap and easy to do if you want to improve the accuracy of your CF-4's.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

I wonder if after listening to both sets of speakers he will later decide to sell one set.  If he's hedging his bet, I can actually understand that.

I'm also guessing if you pick up those Cherry CF-4's the only thing they will need is that 5.5" port.  If they have that grey horn you know you have the v1's.  It's always hard to tell black from grey in the pictures.

I can give you a couple of suggestions that are cheap and easy to do if you want to improve the accuracy of your CF-4's.

Well,

I had DeanG rebuild my crossovers.

So I would have to swap those also!

On 8/26/2018 at 7:43 PM, sabeous said:

Trying to find a pair of Cherry CF-4 version 1 speakers in mint condition.  My offer is $2k plus shipping to Seattle.  These speakers are so hard to find I hope someone has a set they aren’t using that would rather have the money.  I fell in love with these back in 94’ and have been trying to complete my system.  I know that this might seem high - but no one seems to be interested in selling theirs...rarely do they become available.

I have a pair, walnut S/N 041595161 sequential  Rev.2 Fall of 1994 The network wire is OFC used in Rev. 1

Serial number decoding for EPIC Series models (or any Klipsch models made from 1990-1997)

DOY = day of year

YY = Year (i.e. 99,00...)  

Y/2 Y/1 = 2nd digit of year, 1st digit of year 

WW = week of the year

41st day of 95 161 and 162 CF4.thumb.jpg.e73cd47436d246c3e738a06726790a31.jpgCF4.thumb.jpg.e73cd47436d246c3e738a06726790a31.jpg1251637700_EpicCF4Walnut.thumb.jpg.6495d4a7732c174003a4dcf9868300cb.jpg

Edited by Epiccf4

On 8/27/2018 at 3:57 PM, DEP14 said:

He came to my place to buy my 30's.  Based on pictures, they look pretty good. One scratch on the side that I suspect Restor-a-finish could buff out.

Honestly I wanted them for the cherry cabinets, was going to swap my V1 stuff into them.  

Offer that deal to him.  Pay him a grand for the cherry cabs, do the swap.  He will get to keep a set, and you get the finish you want...

7 hours ago, Oicu812 said:

Offer that deal to him.  Pay him a grand for the cherry cabs, do the swap.  He will get to keep a set, and you get the finish you want...

Oh, I want cherry cabinets... I don't want 1k cherry cabinets!

Have a few ideas if I can buy them from him.

• 2 months later...

I have found a number of scammers who take photos of the internet - but no one yet that has a legitimate set of these for sale.  I might have missed the pair in little rock - too late.  Keep me in mind please if a cherry cf-4 version 1 needs a home.