Anyone with an outdoor setup

boricua2480

If anyone lives in say the Midwest or down south where and runs an outside setup where it’s humid, does or has the weather affected your receiver or integrated, or even separates for that matter? Mine will be in its own cabinet covered from the rain but I’m wondering about humidity during the summer. Any issues?

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 10:29 PM, boricua2480 said:

If anyone lives in say the Midwest or down south where and runs an outside setup where it’s humid, does or has the weather affected your receiver or integrated, or even separates for that matter? Mine will be in its own cabinet covered from the rain but I’m wondering about humidity during the summer. Any issues?

My amp and pre are in the garage which is not air conditioned.  Humidity and temperature soar here in the summer.  It's been years with no issue.  My speakers and subwoofer are on a patio which is covered and protected from the rain but the front and one side are completely open to the elements.  I've had no problems with speakers or electronics.

• Thanks 1

Maryland....which I believe is south of the Mason Dixon line. Hot and cold, humid and dry. My old retried HT and 2-channel gear in an unconditioned garage and two sets of outdoor Klipsch speakers on my deck and below the deck by the pool. Many years and no issues. The ones on the deck are totally out in the open, far side of the deck railing away from the house.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, boricua2480 said:

Thanks for responding. That makes me feel better about putting my receiver inside the shipping container turned into a cabana. It’ll be hot and humid inside here in the summers even with the fans on. 

I'll see you're humidity and raise you 20%.

• Haha 1

• Moderators

I would guess as long as it does not get wet your OK, even with that I wouldn't put anything really nice out there. I have a car radio and Crown amp out in a covered area in the yard with some Heresys for over 4 years now with no problems. I used a car radio because I was worried about just what you were wondering, Pioneer Supertuner  $125 new, has preouts and sub out, figured it might a little tougher ?

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
On 8/28/2018 at 3:15 PM, boricua2480 said:

shipping container turned into a cabana.

Ok that I would like to see :D Been interested in outdoor things like that since building our garden tiki bar, places like that get used way more than expected. 

1 minute ago, dtel said:

Ok that I would like to see :D Been interested in outdoor things like that since building our garden tiki bar, places like that get used way more than expected. 

Here’s the current progress. Bringing the deck all the way in the container so it’s seamless and going to be framing the inside for walls and painting the outside. Next up is the deck up top. It’s gonna be an awesome place to hang out once it’s done. 

84AE933F-840E-4EFB-BC97-122959FDB328.jpeg

• Like 3

• Moderators

That is really cool, looks good and extremely strong. Nice job on getting the opening nice and straight, to bad that cut out piece couldn't be used as an overhang.

So what's the plan as far as how it looks or is going to be used.  

Great idea

1 hour ago, dtel said:

That is really cool, looks good and extremely strong. Nice job on getting the opening nice and straight, to bad that cut out piece couldn't be used as an overhang.

So what's the plan as far as how it looks or is going to be used.  

Great idea

I thought about the cutout being used but it would’ve been in the way. The upper deck that’s going to be built on top of the container will be for people who don’t want to get splashed and just want to be in the sun and enjoy the day. The lower deck is for those who want to jump in the pond and swim. The upper deck will cantilever over the lower deck and allow shade for those that want to get out of the sun. The container will be for those that need alcohol refills, I.e. it’ll have a bar inside, storage, a couple hammocks, and KP-172’s mounted inside and ca-800’s mounted outside so everyone can hear the music. I’m excited to get this project done so I can relax for a bit before the next project. 

• Like 1

• Moderators

I like it, sounds like a good plan and a fun place to hang out.

Your about to get to the fun stage, when I was doing ours I put up a hammock and would just lay out there and hang out. It helps to look around and figure out how everything is going to go, I made many changes as things came together to get the most out of the space. Of course I wanted to do it as cheap as I could, it's just how I am but it came out good and a fun place to hang out, and have parties.  Many times I will just go lay in a hammock and listen to music. 

After the structure was built a grand daughter said I should make it a tiki bar, and since we had no idea what it was going to be, we kind of followed along and it just went in that direction. This worked out well because you can use all kinds of decorations for those and make it as crazy as you want. Plus there are ways to make fake bamboo that looks and feels real, also it's pretty cheap for decorating. 

Post pictures as you go, this is going to be fun.

• 2 months later...