Has anyone used sound baffles...

Schu

57 minutes ago, Marvel said:

I like the looks of those, and while they are really for architectural design, they will obviously work as a diffusor of some sort.

Exactly... engineered diffusers work to target certain frequencies, these just diffuse.

All I know for sure is that they (these or any other design) helped to transform a resolving issue that I wasn't aware I had until I hung the front stage. The analogy I used in another thread is that it was akin to putting on a pair of corrective glasses... for me ears. It's not that I had bad vision before, but the diffusers really clean up the smearing I was experiencing.

I have since removed the panels I had installed on the back wall and viola, the sound came back inline... such performance for such little investment.

• Like 1

I went thru my link's, and 2 cup's of coffee, and got stuck on the M theory (why I downloaded that correlation baffles me) but thank you for the amazon hypothesis.

I saw this link for a sound wave, and the simplicity of it, as it relates to a 38% focal point room positioning starting point, as will any room, to me, it relates to the back wall experiment.... 

sound-wave-reflect.gif

Update - ordered the Art3D Decorative 3D Wavy too, this morning... installation in the video appears to be a forthcoming "easier" project than my first cart selection of the 3D Diamond design, which I envisioned (still do) where the home builder here 40 year's ago made a fir-down under the stair case, leading up to the loft, which opens to a 16' vaulted ceiling in half the house. 

3 hours ago, windashine said:

Update - ordered the Art3D Decorative 3D Wavy too, this morning... installation in the video appears to be a forthcoming "easier" project than my first cart selection of the 3D Diamond design, which I envisioned (still do) where the home builder here 40 year's ago made a fir-down under the stair case, leading up to the loft, which opens to a 16' vaulted ceiling in half the house.  

I used two tiny pin nails to hold mine in position in the upper corners. I wanted to see if they worked as anticipated... since they do I will probably add some more tiny nails along its length to make them semi permanent. they dont vibrate, are VERY lite and work quite well. I had four spares I could have probably sent you to play with.

next I am looking to try some absorption but really, I wonder why because everything sounds good right now and I do NOT suffer from bass bloating. I even question bass traps in modern set ups unless you really have a lot of room gain that is audible from main LP.

• Like 1

… thanks for the offer on your spare's... but I think you should hold onto them, being only 32 sq/ft in the package, 

I searched for surfboards last night lol, and didn't bother bookmarking anything, I couldn't believe the prices.  In any event, the sound cloud principle's are interesting, but these 3D Wave panels I hope will be the down to earth solution...

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:38 AM, Schu said:

I order some disbursement plane's, but I think I need some absorption even though absorption is mainly about lower frequency.

I have seen drapery material hung from the ceiling from the corners at four points so that it droops in the center. Multiple treatments were used, each 3 or 4 feet wide in a two layer fashion with the lower drapes spaced about 3 feet apart.  It looked pretty cool as if an interior designer had done it. They were effective ceiling absorbers.

I believe Romy the Cat used similar treatments in his room.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2018 at 10:01 AM, Don Richard said:

I have seen drapery material hung from the ceiling from the corners at four points so that it droops in the center. Multiple treatments were used, each 3 or 4 feet wide in a two layer fashion with the lower drapes spaced about 3 feet apart.  It looked pretty cool as if an interior designer had done it. They were effective ceiling absorbers.

I believe Romy the Cat used similar treatments in his room.

I have also seen this done in pub. Looked great, covered a steel deck ceiling and removed room echo.